[Chapter 023] - The Perfect One

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

I couldn't help but smile as I saw Astrid still hiding her head in my side, almost as if she enjoyed being that close to me. I felt... completely okay with it - I mean, I normally don't allow girls to use me as a pillow but this was... different...

As we just continued watching the movie, she just kept her head nuzzled close to me. I really hope she can't hear or feel my heartbeats right now 'cause it's pounding like crazy.

I slowly but casually maneuvered my arm from the back of the sofa to Astrid. I carefully rested my arm on top of her. I could feel a slight bit of movement coming from Astrid but she didn't seem to mind my arm touching her.

"Hiccup? Do you have any popcorn left?" Snotlout asked and turned around. That made me gasp a little. I quickly removed my hand from Astrid.

...Please tell me he didn't see it!...

"Eh... yeah we have, but you'll need to ask Astrid," I said and gestured to her. She quickly sat up and looked at the bowl. She then moved her eyes to me and then to Snotlout.

"Yeah, I guess you can get half of ours" Astrid sighed and stood up with the bowl in her hands. She went over to Snotlouts bowl and emptied half of our popcorn into his bowl.

I tried to act like my focus was on the movie, but actually, I was admiring Astrid. She began making her way back to her place. She sat down in her little spot again and draped the blanket over herself.

I sighed and just kept on watching the movie.

...Thank you Snotlout...
...

...

"What a movie huh? Now, what should we do next?" Anna asked as the credits began to roll.

"How about we watch a new movie?" Tuffnut asked. It was already 09:58 p.m. so we had time for another movie before going to sleep.

"Cool, I'm on! And I have a wish for a movie. It's called 'Frozen' and seriously, it's one of my favorites!" Elsa exclaimed and stood up.

"Frozen?!?! Isn't that a movie for children... I mean, we are 17 years old, come on" Jack protested.

"Just because it is made for children doesn't mean it's bad!" Anna defended. All the girls - including Astrid - stood up and walked over in front of the TV, arms crossed.

"Well, okay you're right.... let's just watch it then" Jack gave up. He is not the kind of guy who likes to discuss such topics.

"Okay, sit down again, I'll find it shortly," Ruffnut said and began searching for it on their movie shelf in the other corner of the living room.

"Do you mind if I lean a little against you? My back is aching a little and I don't know why" Astrid asked shyly as she sat down beside me again.

"No, I don't mind, not at all, just go ahead" I smiled. Astrid smiled back and I began to feel my cheeks getting warmer.

Just what I wished for...

"I found it!" Ruffnut exclaimed and jogged back to the TV, waving a DVD disk around in the air. She slid it inside the TV and soon we began watching this movie.

As the movie progressed, I felt Astrid's body more and more. She was laying with her back against my chest and her head on my left shoulder. This felt new... in a good way...

I looked at the clock and it was now 10:13 p.m. I felt so sleepy, my eyes were struggling to stay open and my body felt so heavy.

...

There she was, walking down the hallway of the school. Her hair was braided as usual and she looked gorgeous.

Her smile, so sweet, so kindly and soooo cute. It honestly melts me from the inside out every time gives me that smile.

Her body, so fit, so peaceful, so curvy, so elegant, so strong and yet fragile. It's just soooo perfect.

And then her eyes. Maaan they are pretty. I love the way my wold just stops when I look at them. I love how they make you smile. I love them! They are just perfect!

I love her personality. She is brave, she is cute, she is nice, she is sweet, and she is confident.

...She is PERFECT...

...I think I am in love with her...

...in love with Astrid...

...Astrid Hofferson...

...

"Hiccup?! Are you sleeping?!" Astrid whispered and tapped my chest. I woke up and opened my eyes while shaking my heads free from my thoughts.

"Not anymore" I laughed and smiled at her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't mean t-" Astrid apologized.

"No worries, it's okay, I shouldn't be sleeping now anyways," I calmed and rubbed my eyes. Astrid was still resting across my chest.

I looked over at Jack and Elsa and saw them cuddled up in each other.

As far as I remember, Jack once told me he had feelings for a person. And if this person by chance happens to be Elsa, I should possibly expect some kind of relationship between those two.

I am just really happy for Jack. Especially because Elsa and Jack seem to be perfect for each other.

I took a glance over at the twins on the other sofa. Ruffnut was fully concentrated on watching the movie while Tuffnut was... sleeping? Seems like I'm not the only one who is getting tired.

I then looked down on the floor where Fishlegs, Anna and Snotlout had settled. They all seemed to enjoy the movie - including Snotlout...

I have seen the movie 'Frozen' before, but if I should be honest, It doesn't say me anything. In fact, I'm more over to the 'How to train your dragon' movies.

I quickly looked back at Astrid. She seemed to have a little interest in the movie but not as much as Ruffnut, Anna and Elsa did.

Lastly, I looked at the TV and decided to try and watch as much as I could before falling asleep... again.

Zzz...Zzz...Zzz...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: A Very Good Pillow]