[Chapter 031] - I Will Take Care

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

I woke up to some familiar voices echoing in my head. I stirred as I slowly came back to reality again. I had been taking a little power nap so I felt energetic and charged up again.

I slowly opened my eyes and I found myself buried into some white blankets. I then quickly remembered that I fell asleep earlier... on Hiccup. I rubbed my face and raised my head.

"Hi, Astrid" Stoick greeted with a calming smile. He was sitting opposite me and holding Hiccup's other hand.

I smiled at him and then looked over at Hiccup who was also awake. They seemed to have had a conversation going on while I was sleeping.

I took a quick look at the clock, it was 11:48 in the morning. I had slept here for almost 4 and a half hours...

I rubbed my eyes and looked back at Hiccup and Stoick. They were smiling at me and Hiccup seemed to feel better now.

I didn't know what to say. I felt a little awkward...

Hiccup rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand and looked at his dad. Stoick laughed softly and stood up from his chair.

"So, Astrid," He said and walked over to the window with his hands behind his back.

Oh no... here comes the talking. I had a bad feeling that Stoick was mad at me for sending his son into this trouble...

"I would like to know you better since you are now a part of the family, I assume" He smiled.

My heart skipped a beat. He was not mad?... And Hiccup told him about us?...

"My son told me about the whole misunderstanding..." Stoick continued. I looked back at Hiccup. He was smiling innocently with his teeth.

"I'm so sorry about what happened, Sir," I apologized.

"Don't worry anymore about it! The surgeries are over and I'm sure Hiccup will be on his feet - eh foot again soon" Stoick calmed with a smile.

Oh! I almost forgot about that. I quickly looked at the end of Hiccup's bed. Only one foot was visible...

I looked back at Hiccup with a concerned look. Hiccup just took a deep breath and removed the blanket, revealing one foot and... a leg without a foot...

"I will be getting a prosthetic foot soon..." He said sadly and looked at his dad. Stoick just stood and looked out the window, still having his hands behind his back.

I didn't know what to say... I just wished this wouldn't ruin Hiccup's future life...

"Ay... We just have to wait until they have made it for you..." Stoick added.

"But, then you can't walk until then?" I whispered. This would mean that Hiccup couldn't go to school...

"I'm sure he will make it! But until then he needs to recover..." Stoick said and turned around. He slowly walked over to Hiccup and sat down across from me again.

"I... Have some important business that I need to do for the next few days... And it's making it hard for me to be here with Hiccup" Stoick started and took a deep breath. "Will you help him keep up with school?"

I nodded. I will be spending more time with my boyfriend and helping him at the same time... Win-win situation.

"Thank you, Astrid!" Stoick said and stood up again. "I will have to go now... My meeting starts soon..."

"Okay... See you, dad" Hiccup said.

I looked at Stoick and gave him a nod. He nodded back.

"Bye Hiccup, Bye Astrid," He said and left the room.

________________________________________

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

My dad just left the room for a meeting, leaving Astrid and me alone...

I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back sweetly and stood up. She sat on the edge of my bed and took my hand. Our fingers slowly intertwined.

"Did it hurt?" She asked and looked at my foot.

I took a deep breath. "Not really... I mean I was asleep... "

"Does it hurt now?" She asked and looked back at me.

"It's a little weird... Try to imagine moving your toes... Feels like a part of my body is missing..." I replied and pushed a strand of hair behind her ears.

She sighed sadly and looked down at my body. I really wished that I could stand up and give her a hug right now... But I can't get out of these tubes and cables and I would just fall due to my balance...

"Do you need anything? Water? Food? Phone? Anything?" She asked.

I actually felt quite thirsty after all this sleeping...

"If you want, you can bring me some water?" I said and squeezed her hand lightly.

She smiled and let go of my hand, walking over to the door. "I will be right back," she said and left the room.

She was just gorgeous! So beautiful. So Sweet. So caring. So Astrid... I love it...

After a few minutes, she came back, this time carrying a glass and a bar of chocolate. She went over to the sink and filled the glass with cold water.

She then went over and put the chocolate bar on the table beside me.

"As I asked for a glass to you, the nurses told me that chocolate will do you good, so they handed me this," she said and nodded towards the chocolate bar on the table.

She then handed me the water and just watched me drinking carefully. It was such a chilling and smooth feeling when the cold water ran through my body... I felt better.

After drinking all the water, Astrid took the glass and put it on the table. She then handed me the chocolate bar that she had opened for me.

I broke off a piece and handed it to her. "Here, please"

She smiled thankfully at me and took it. I broke off a piece myself and ate it. The taste was a little weird though... Maybe because of my dizziness.

We began to talk. And I told her how I felt about her before she and I became a couple. She told me her story and about all the encouragement she got from Ruffnut.

I didn't know we both had all these feelings for each other. I'm just glad that I finally am with her!

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Being Very Impatient]