[Chapter 017] - Preparing For Tonight

[Astrid's Point Of View]

............................................................

As we made our way to Hiccup's home, I suddenly received a message.

- Tuffnut Thorston created the group. Members: Ruffnut Thorston, Hiccup Haddock, Snotlout Jorgenson and 5 more...

[01:17 pm] Tuffnut: Hey guys:D This is the address to those of you who need it, Zipplestreet 2. It'll be good if you could be here around 04:30 p.m.? Remember to pack all your stuff. See you.

[01:18 pm] Jack: Cool, I'll bring the sodas

[01:18 pm] Snotlout: See ya

[01:18 pm] Anna: Sounds good! Sis and I are already packing.

[01:18 pm] Fishlegs: I'm excited:D

[01:18 pm] Astrid: Hiccup and I will be there as soon as we're done with homework...

[01:19 pm] Tuffnut: Okay, just tell me if your plans changes or if you have any questions.

[01:19 pm] Astrid: We will, thx:D See ya.

"What is it?" Hiccup asked as I began texting.

"It's just Tuffnut, he made a chat group for us, you're in it as well" I answered and put my phone back down in my pocket. "I just told him that we are doing our homework and that we will be there as soon as we are done"

Hiccup nodded and we just continued our way through the silent street.

After about 15 minutes of walking, we came to a big white mansion.

"This way" Hiccup smiled and gestured me to follow through the gates. The house was BIG - not too big though considering that there was only one family living there.

"WOA, you really live nice here, huh?" I said as my jaw dropped.

Hiccup shrugged and looked at me. "...My dad is the Mayor after all..."

We came to the entrance and Hiccup pulled out his keys and began unlocking the big beautiful oakwood door. This was a nice place, surrounded by a lot of plants and flowers.

"How do you keep the garden running?... I mean your dad seems to be very busy" I asked and took a glance at their fountain. The sound of the water slashing was very relaxing and calming.

"We have a Gardner who is here regularly" he chuckled and opened the door. "Ladies first," he said with a smile.

I blushed. "Thank you kindly, sir," I said as I carefully walked into their hallway.

"You can just put your shoes there and hang your jacket there," Hiccup said and pointing in different places.

I smiled at him. We took off our shoes and jackets before going into the kitchen. Hiccup went in and began taking out a few things from the cabinets. I looked around. This was such a nice house.

"Would you like anything to drink? Juice? Milk? Chocolate milk? Water?" Hiccup asked.

I turned around and went over to him. "I would like some juice, please," I nervously said.

"Okay, what kind? I got orange, apple, and tropical" Hiccup said while looking inside their fridge.

"Apple, please" I smiled.

Hiccup took out the apple juice and began pouring it into two glasses. He put back the apple juice into the fridge and took the glasses, bringing them over to the table. We sat down across from each other.

"This house is so big, I love it. It feels like a nice atmosphere in here" I said, taking a sip of my juice.

Hiccup smiled. "Yeah, but it's hard to find something you lost in here" he laughed and took a sip as well.

When we were done drinking, he asked me if I would like to have a look around, while he prepares and cleans up some things in the kitchen.

I then started by walking around through their living room.

Whoa, they have a large flat screen TV, seems almost as new.

I continued and out to the sunroom. This was amazing, here, they had a nice view of the beautiful garden.

I then went back to Hiccup who was now done with his duty... thing - whatever he was doing.

"I'm done now, should we get the homework over?" He asked and went over to his backpack. I nodded at went over to pick up my papers as well. He gestured me to sit at their big table in the middle of the living room. He turned on the light and came over to take a seat beside me.

"Okay, so where did we...hmmm... Ah, here, assignment 27" He said. I nodded and we started off where we left.

This took some time because of all the equations and formulas, but after several hours we finally managed to get it done.

We were so relieved and began to pack down the assignments in our bags.

"I'm guessing It's okay I'm gonna pack my stuff now?" Hiccup asked and went towards the stairs.

"Not to be impolite, but may I see your room?" I gently asked. I really wanted to see how this one-of-a-kind guy lived. Also, I just really wanted to see all the stuff he got - I mean he is the Mayor's son.

"Yeah, sure, just come along, I'll show you," He said smiling. He went up the stairs and I followed him, admiring all the pictures of him, hanging on the walls along the stairs.

We came to a door that says 'Hiccup'. He opened it and went in, me following, looking curiously around at everything. His room was large, light-grey walls with pictures and maps hanging. His bed was king-sized and seemed to be comfortable to sleep in. He had a big closet to the left that was open.

Hiccup went over to the closet and began taking out different shirts. "How many do you think I would need?" He asked as I approached slowly, still examining the room.

"I don't know... maybe 2 or 3" I answered. I went over to his desk and sat down on his chair.

"I like your room..." I quietly mentioned, looking down at all his drawings and projects that he had going on.

Hiccup chuckled and took the folded shirts and put them on his bed. He then began looking for some pants.

He looked over at me. "Do you mind if I take a quick bath before we go?"

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Getting Ready]