[Chapter 032] - Being Very Impatient

[Hiccup's Point Of View]

............................................................

Astrid and I had fun talking for hours until her parents came to pick her up. She was not happy with leaving me, but it was getting late and she had school tomorrow. I, on the other hand, had to entertain myself for the rest of the day...

I had a small TV on the wall opposite my bed so I could watch some series and movies. Also, I had a radio on the table beside me, so this couldn't be that boring...

As I just lay there in my bed, I listened to the radio. It suddenly began playing some old love songs and I just couldn't stop thinking of Astrid...

I really had a desire right now... I really had a desire for her...

And I really had a desire for the feeling of her soft lips... Yep, that's right... I would really like a kiss from her now...

I sighed and closed my eyes as the radio just continued to play love songs.

I really miss you Astrid Hofferson...

...

...

As I woke up the next day, the doctors were examining me in all sort of ways and asking me how I was feeling. They brought me some breakfast which was consisting of some pancakes and some juice. It was a pretty good breakfast if I had to say it myself.

After breakfast, I decided to watch some TV. Astrid and I agreed that she would come by after school, so I had a lot of time to kill.

I switched over to a channel that was showing 'Top 20 Places To Travel To'. I decided to give it a chance and began watching...

Today's episode was about France and all the attractions of the country. I have been to France before with my dad. I got to go to 'Disney Land Paris' and I had a lot of fun there. I really want to go there again sometime in the future...

I quickly got carried away with watching all the different places in France. The country has so much to offer.

Time went and a nurse came in with my lunch. It was a sandwich and an apple. I thanked her and began to eat. I really miss being active, all this not-moving-at-all made me sick.

As soon as I get on my feet - eh foot, I will be training myself up again. I could feel my body beginning to be weak due to the lack of exercise...

I finished eating my lunch and looked at the clock. It was now 11:49 a.m. and Astrid was done with school 01:00 p.m. so I would expect her to be here in about a few hours.

I couldn't wait...

The episode was now done and I grabbed my phone to see if there was anything interesting. I checked my Facebook and played some games.

The time goes so slow when you are looking forward to something...

I was beginning to be very impatient and I didn't know how to entertain myself so I went to call one of the nurses by pulling in the red cord above me.

Not even 20 seconds went and a nurse came into my room. "What's the problem?" she asked.

"I want to stretch my legs, will you help me get up?" I asked. I had a pair of crutches on the side of my bed in case I needed to... well go to the lavatory or something...

"Of course!" The nurse said and went over to the machines attached to me. She removed the cables and tubes that were connected to me and helped me sit up. I grabbed my crutches and slowly and carefully stood up.

It was weird not to have a foot anymore. I slowly began making my way around in the room. This was actually not that hard, I could easily get around without falling.

The nurse carefully kept an eye out for me so I won't hurt myself or anything.

After walking around and stretching my legs, I went back up in the bed. The nurse carefully reattached the machines to me but left some of the big tubes away. This was a good thing since I now could find some more comfortable positions and my bed now felt bigger.

There was now enough room for two people in this bed...

"Are you good for now?" The nurse asked.

"Yes, thank you" I thanked and the nurse left the room.

Now it was just me alone again. And I still had one hour until Astrid came... What to do? 

...
...

I just lay in the bed for minutes after minutes and twiddled my thumbs. I was really bored... It's hard to be hospitalized...

But then I heard footsteps on the hallway outside my room. Could it be?...

"How is my little dork doing?"

"Astrid!" I exclaimed and sat up. She was carrying her backpack and she had a bouquet of flowers with her.

She quickly went over to my table and put down the flowers and her backpack. She sat on the edge of the bed and gave me a hug.

I hugged back. I have waited for this the whole day...

"So nice to see you" she whispered and hugged me tighter.

"Nice to see you too" I whispered back. She buried her face in my neck and I could feel her heartbeat raising.

She released the hug and looked at me before carefully locking her soft lips on mine. I kissed her back and moved my hands down around her waist. Our lips began to move in sync and she wrapped her hand around my neck, fiddling with my hair.

I really enjoyed this and I made it more passionate... And she did too...

...

After a few minutes of emotional kissing, we both pulled apart for air.

I gave her a sweet smile. "I missed you"

"I really missed you toooooo" Astrid laughed and went over to the table. She grabbed the flowers and held them out in front of me.

"These are from my parents. They wish you the best and hope that you will feel better" she said. I chuckled and took the flowers. Astrid went over to the sink and took one of the empty vases.

I took a good sniff at the flowers. They smelled fresh and sweet...

...Just like my girlfriend...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Netflix And Cuddling]