[Chapter 104] - Take A Seat, Please

[Hiccup's Point Of View]

............................................................

The kiss developed into a make-out session - surprise. I loved the feeling of her lips and tongue. Astrid poured all her passion into the kiss and kept a tight grip on me. She was holding on for dear life, and I really like that!

I had my hands securely placed on her waist. If it wasn't for the fact, that my dad was still in the house and that Astrid had made so much out of herself to look good tonight, I would've slid my hands up under her shirt...

...I don't want to sound like a pervert, creep or nasty... I just really feel attracted to her body and I miss the feeling of it...

I have to put those thoughts away and just focus on the present...

Anyways... It was probably a good idea to do the kissing now - I mean, we were going to eat in a bit...

...I know the food is ready and all that... But I think I'm going to give this kiss a few more minutes...

...

...

A few more minutes quickly got into 20 minutes... Well...

Even though I really didn't want to, I had to pull apart...

"Sorry... I really want to continue this! But our food is getting cold..." I apologized.

________________________________________

[Astrid's Point Of View]

............................................................

I nodded, smiled and released him. "Can I then help set the table?" I asked. I was hoping to help him... He didn't have to be a gentleman all the time. I don't want him to work too much, just to satisfy me - I want to help!

Hiccup looked back at me with a teasing smile. "Nope! This is your evening"

I crossed my arms. "And on my evening, I want to help you, so I'll do," I said and went to the cabinets and found plates and glasses. He could tell me to stop, but he couldn't force me to stop.

...I like teasing him... And... I'm stubborn as well...

Hiccup just sighed. I guess he gave up. Good!

While I was setting the table, Hiccup prepared the dish. He carried it all to the table and began to arrange our plates - well he only did one plate and removed the other.

...I knew it!

"Haha, clever!" I praised and nudged his side a bit with my elbow.

Hiccup smiled a little awkwardly. "Sorry... Is it too... cheesy?..."

I snorted. "Huh? As far as I processed, this is a date!" I reminded him. "And dates are usually romantic!"

Hiccup smirked. "So, you do find this romantic?" He asked and raised an eyebrow in a playful way.

I punched his shoulder lightly. "Yes I do, and don't you dare ruin it!" I narrowed my eyes at him.

Hiccup had been cooking spaghetti and meatballs for us. And I believe he decided on purpose to arrange one plate only. This way he and I were going to eat of the same plate. I also believe he intentionally chose to make a dish, that involves spaghetti...

Hiccup nodded and went over to the table, pulling out a chair for me. "Take a seat, M'lady" he smiled.

Awww!...

I sat down as he wished and watched as he went around the table, taking a seat opposite me. It was beginning to get darker outside and that really set the mood in the kitchen.

I loved this moment right now!

...

Hiccup and I began to eat, just enjoying the company of each other - I mean, it would be a little... unattractive... to speak with my mouth filled with this yummy food.

Hiccup had turned on the radio and it was playing at a low sound level in the background, only making the mood more romantic.

I put my fork into the spaghetti and so did Hiccup. I got a good fork-full and put it in my mouth. It was tasting so good! Hiccup filled his mouth as well and we both began to suck.

The spaghetti strands were long, so it took some time. Once I almost had it all, I could feel a little force, pulling from the other end. I looked up to a Hiccup, who was sucking as well. I could see in his eyes that his plan worked...

The strand of spaghetti got shorter and shorter and eventually, we knew what was going to happen. I saw Hiccup tilting his head a bit as we got closer and closer.

I swallowed and just let it happen. We kissed... We kissed and it was kind of a funny kiss - and romantic at the same time...

...

We both pulled back and smiled at each other. Now we've tried that too...

...

I carefully listened to the song, that was playing. I couldn't make up the exact lyric, but I've heard that song before.

I felt a little sting in my eyes as I remembered where I've heard it before. All the bad memories and the sight of Hiccup hooked up to machines made their way back into my mind.

I remembered how worried I was. I remembered the pain I felt for being guilty of his suffering...

Before I could react, a tear slipped down my cheek. I dried it off with the back of my hand, which caught Hiccup's attention.

"M'lady? Anything wrong?" He asked, concern filling his eyes. I shook my head, but he still got up from his chair and went over to me. "You sure, M'lady?"

I couldn't hold it in anymore. The thought of losing him took over... What if he didn't make it? I also knew, that fundamentally, it was my fault he ended up getting a prosthetic...

More tears escaped my eyes. I know the bad memories are over, but I still feel guilty and scared for him. I love him!!! And I will always love him!! No matter what happens I will always help him and protect him!

"M'lady?"

I snapped back. Oh, no... I've ruined the evening...

...Stupid me!!

Hiccup was crouching down in front of me and looking into my eyes. How can I make this good again?...

First thing I knew, I swung my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crook of his neck. "Thank you! Thank you for everything! I love you more than you possibly know!!" I said and just kept my head hidden.

I felt Hiccup wrap his arms around me as well and gently caressing my back. I felt a whole lot of tension getting released as he did that - he must have a magic touch!

"I love you too, M'lady! And I'm so grateful to spend this time with you!" He said. I felt him rise to his feet. I was still holding on, so I got up as well.

...I don't want to let go!

"How about we put on a movie and cuddle up on the sofa now?" He asked. "Jack and Elsa would be here in a few hours..."

I pulled back from his neck and looked at him with watery eyes. "...I would... really love that!" I smiled.

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Sofa Cuddle]