[Chapter 021] - Getting Dark Outside

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

As time went, we had fun playing, talking and laughing. We alternated playing against each other in different kinds of sports.

I had the feeling, I won most of the games. And the few I lost, I lost to Hiccup.

Right now I had just finished my round of 'The Archery Competition'. I think I made a pretty good score - considering it was my first time shooting with bow and arrow.

I sat down at the end of the sofa while everyone moved one space to their right, moving the queue by one person.

Hiccup was the one who got to get up from the sofa so the queue could move on. That meant it was his turn now. He took a controller and went over in front of the big flatscreen TV.

"You got this cuz!" Snotlout cheered. Everybody started to discuss how many points Hiccup would get.

Hiccup took place and began the game.

Wow... the way he does it... it's so... like... I don't know, what am I even doing right now? This admiring daydreaming again? I really need to stop that, it is creepy and I don't wanna creep, anyone, out... especially not Hiccup...

My thoughts were suddenly cut off by Ruffnut, waving her hand quickly in front of my eyes to get my attention. I blinked rapidly as her hands were so close to slapping my face. I shook my head clear and looked at her.

"Yes?" I asked confused while making sure no one else saw me in this condition. Was Ruffnut going to ask me about something or was it just because of my sudden, admiring stare at Hiccup?

Ruffnut carefully leaned down to my ear to whisper something to me. The others was very busy with how well Hiccup did at Archery.

"Are you still... you know... still crazy about him?... Like... having a crush on him?" she whispered in my ear just quiet enough for anyone to hear.

I quickly blushed. "Ruff?! Can we talk about this another time?! please"

Ruffnut leaned back up and shrugged. "Why?" she said with a teasing wink.

I blushed even more now. I was almost as red as a tomato.

"Because he is here," I whispered back with my eyes widened while nodding my head towards Hiccup.

I would be SOOO awkward if Hiccup knew how I felt about him. In addition to that, I was afraid of telling him by the fear of him not having the same feelings. There was a big chance of ruining our friendship if Hiccup didn't feel the same way.

"I will ask you later, okay?" Ruffnut said with a smirk.

"Why do you wa-" I whispered back but was interrupted as Hiccup was done with the shooting and was now sitting down beside me. The queue moved, making space for Hiccup.

I suddenly felt Ruffnut's elbow nudging me gently in my side. I turned to look at her smirking face and gave her my 'Shut-up' glare. Ruffnut winked teasingly.

"Guys, this is gonna be the last round, pizza is here in a bit" Tuffnut suddenly shouted from the kitchen. He went out there a few minutes ago and didn't tell us why. He must have ordered pizza.

"Pizza, YES" all the boys shouted in unison. I could see the excitement in Hiccup's eyes, he loves pizza... just like... me...

It was Jack's turn now to do 'The Archery Competition' so we all watched in silence as he showed off his skills........not...

Time went and suddenly someone rang the doorbell.

"OH, Pizza is here" Tuffnut sang and went out the pick up the food. The rest of us gathered up again at their large wooden table in the middle of the living room.

The table was already filled with plates and the cups we used earlier in the snack bar. I sat down between Jack and Elsa.

I secretly held an eye out for Hiccup and I saw him take a seat across from me.

I just kept asking myself this question...

Do you have a crush on him?... Do you have a crush on him?... Do you have a crush on him?

I was interrupted again when Tuffnut brought in the 6 pizzas. Hmmm Smells good, wonder which kinds he ordered.

He distributed all the pizzas around the middle of the table and opened the boxes. There were a lot of different kinds. As everyone began taking slices onto their plates, I began searching for the pizza I would like. There were only 6 pizzas so it wouldn't be that hard, but it made it a little difficult with all the hands in the way.

Then I noticed one box being pushed towards me. It was a pepperoni pizza. I looked up and got eye contact with Hiccup. He smiled kindly and sat down. I remember telling him my favorite was pepperoni pizza.

I blushed and smiled back. I took a slice and sat down as well. I was actually okay with not sitting beside Hiccup... 'cause then he wouldn't be able to look at me eat from close up... trust me that would be embarrassing!

As we all sat down, ate pizza and laughed at funny stories, Tuffnut stood up and cleared his throat.

"Hmm, Hmm. As The Host for tonight, I would ask you guys if you wanna play another game or maybe we could watch a movie.... a horror movie" Tuffnut spoke and made it sound very dramatically at the last bit.

We all looked around at each other, and after a few minutes of talk, we all agreed to watch a horror movie since it was getting very dark and scary outside now.

I was not really the type for horror movies, but when I watched them together with my friends, it felt kind of fun. I always had a good time screaming with the girls when something scary happened. I was fun. Besides, I never had nightmares or something like that after watching a horror movie.

In fact, they didn't affect me, I am Astrid Hofferson!

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: The Horror Movie]