[Chapter 029] - I Won't Leave Him!

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

Time went as I had my own moment admiring my, now boyfriend, Hiccup. But I was still sad that he ended up like this... and then it was because of me...

...

"So, when are you gonna tell the others?" Ruffnut asked eagerly. She was probably still all hyped up from the sight of me kissing with Hiccup.

I shrugged. This was not something I would think about right now...

As I was about to open my mouth to speak, the door went open once again. I quickly turned around and saw Stoick, my dad, and a doctor coming into the room. Stoick and my dad looked very concerned now...

...Oh... No... This is not a good sign...

"Hiccup Haddock. Good to see you awake" the doctor greeted and went over to one of the machines, attached to Hiccup.

My dad walked up to me a swung an arm around my shoulder, holding me tight. Stoick sat down on the other side of the bed and looked concerned at his son. I had a very bad feeling about this...

"How are you feeling son?" Stoick gently asked and took Hiccup's hand in his. Hiccup seemed to feel just as uncomfortable with the situation as I felt.

"I'm getting better now... But I feel so seedy..." Hiccup answered and closed his eyes.

Stoick squeezed his hand a little and looked down at the floor, sighing.

"I-I-I think I will leave you guys alone now..." Ruffnut said gently and carefully walked out the door.

I looked at my dad and his facial expression was so weird. He seemed so concerned...

"I'm sorry Hiccup, but we have to make another surgery on you..." The doctor said and went over beside the bed.

"Wha-what?!?" Hiccup exclaimed as his eyes widened. He was shocked.

"Why? What happened?" I asked eagerly. I became really concerned now... This was no good news. I don't want Hiccup to go through this... one more time...

I felt my dad's arms tighten around my shoulders as the doctor began to explain.

"The wounds in your foot is too deep to be healed... The bone is broken, the segment is dislocated and you've shattered most of the blood flow-system in your foot while it was crushed under that car... If you haven't noticed, you can't move your foot because of the very strong dose of anesthesia, we had to give you" the doctor began.

I could see the panic in Hiccup's eyes as he heard the words. Hiccup quickly looked down at his feet. He harshly removed the blanket and I could see his left foot was in a cast. He tried to move it but he couldn't...

"I'm sorry... But, therefore, we have to amputate your left foot" the doctor finished and looked at Stoick whose eyes were very concentrated on his son.

I couldn't believe what I just heard... How horrible...

"Astrid, we need to go..." My dad said and began pulling me a little.

"No, dad, I want to stay here!... To make sure he is okay" I protested. I don't want to leave Hiccup like this...

"Astrid, please" my dad begged.

"I'm sorry but no one other than the doctors and the patient is allowed under the amputation..." The doctor added.

I sighed and looked at Hiccup.

"Don't worry. I will be all right" Hiccup said and gave me a weak smile. I could clearly see that he was just as scared as I was...

I couldn't stop shedding some tears. I'm going to miss him, I'm going to be so concerned about him, I'm fearing to lose him...

"Don't worry," he whispered and closed his eyes again.

I couldn't squeeze out a word before my dad turned us around. I just continued to cry as we made our way out of the room.

...Please don't hurt my Hiccup...

I looked behind me as we went through the doors and just saw him resting there, preparing for the next surgery...

...

It was getting late now, 07:48 p.m, so I had to get home...

As we walked out to the waiting room I saw my friends; Elsa, Anna, Jack, Snotlout, Fishlegs, Tuffnut, and Ruffnut, sitting and waiting patiently.

"Astrid!" Elsa exclaimed as soon as she saw me and ran over to give me a hug. The others followed with happy and relieved smiles on their faces.

"What happened?" Anna asked as it was her turn to hug me. They could see my eyes were filled with tears...

"Hiccup is getting another surgery..." I sniffled. I couldn't stop thinking of the risks of surgery...

"An-and it is all my fault" I sobbed into Anna's shoulder. I just wished I could go back into the room and hold Hiccup's hand. I miss him so much already.

"No, no, no don't think like that! Come, let's sit down, Hiccup will be all right! Trust me!" Anna ensured and guided me down on one of the empty seats.

Ruffnut gave me some tissue for my eyes. I can't control my feeling right now.

I have just gotten together with the guy in my dreams, kissed him, and now I won't see him until tomorrow... I am so impatient... I can't wait...

...

After a while, I calmed down again and my friends and I decided that it would be best for me if I slept in my own bed for tonight, instead of at the twins...

But as my dad drove me home, I just felt more and more torn into pieces the longer away, I got from Hiccup.

And as we finally arrived at home I ran as fast as I could to my bedroom and threw myself on my bed. I really want to get this night over as fast as possible!

All the thoughts in my head made me forget my hunger and therefore I felt my stomach churn. The only problem was; I didn't have any appetite at all!

I groaned and buried my face in my pillow. This was so boring!

As I turned around, I felt my phone sliding out of my pocket. It dropped down on the floor and my lock-screen now lightened up my room. I looked down and saw the beautiful picture of Hiccup that I had as my lock-screen.

He was smiling at me. I smiled back.

"Don't worry. I will be all right"

I sighed and picked up my phone. I turned around and started to stare up at the ceiling.

...

"Don't worry. I will be all right"

"Don't worry Hiccup, I will be there tomorrow!" I whispered to myself.

Time went and I slowly fell asleep as my eyes couldn't hold themselves up any longer.

...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Feeling Very Dizzy]