[Chapter 096] - Don't Get Caught!

[Astrid's Point Of View]

............................................................

He looked at me. "What do we do?"

I quickly tried to think. "Grab your stuff, we need to go now!" I said and got out of my bed, opening the door and running downstairs.

Hiccup had just picked up his jacket before following me. We went into the kitchen and I quickly looked out the window to see if a car was pulled up in the driveway.

...Luckily not...

We quickly put on our shoes and I opened the door for us. I was not wearing any jacket, so the cold night breeze hit me hard, and made me shiver.

I ignored it and used my hands to rub my arms warm again. I looked behind and saw Hiccup finish putting on his shoes. He went out and closed the door behind him, getting over to me.

He must've noticed my freezing state because he wrapped his arms around me while we walked over to his motorbike. I know this just made us waste the time, but I actually liked how warm he was and how close he was, so I didn't bother.

As we reached his bike, he released me and climbed on. He checked all the different buttons - which I still don't understand how they work - and put on his helmet.

He zipped up his leather jacket and made ready to drive, but I quickly caught his arm and made him look at me.

"I thought you wanted me to go before your mom sees me," he chuckled.

"Oh, shut up," I snapped and pulled him closer for a goodbye kiss. I think he saw that coming...

I enjoyed the last few seconds of his soft lips before I pulled back. I looked at him while he adjusted everything and made ready to drive.

He glanced up at me with a goofy smile. "So, do I see you tomorrow?"

I sighed. "Yes... I know it's a long time, but..." I didn't finish my sentence...

"I'll miss you..." He mumbled. I watched as he turned on his bike, making a few loud roaring sounds.

I suddenly caught a glimpse in the corner of my eyes of flashing headlamps down the street. I turned my head and quickly recognized the car which was coming.

"You better get going!" I said and pointed. Hiccup looked at the end of my finger and saw the car as well.

I didn't exactly know why, but I unconsciously grabbed the collar of Hiccup's jacket and pulled him in once again. It was a quick kiss, but I still enjoyed it.

Hiccup pulled back this time. "I love you" He whispered before driving out to the road and turning away. I looked after him as he was driving away and disappearing in the far night...

...I miss him already... Stupid mom-rules!!

...

I was so deep in thought, that I didn't realize as a car pulled up my side in the driveway.

I heard the sound of a window rolling down and my mom's voice;

"Why are you standing there, Astrid?" My mom asked. "It's freezing cold and you are not wearing any jacket?!"

I looked to my side and saw the car. My aunt's family were all seated inside and smiling at me.

I waved a smiled back. "I was just waiting for you guys" I lied. "But, I'll go inside now... It's cold..."

My mom smiled and rolled the window back up. She parked the car in the driveway while I went over to stand in the front door, watching as everybody exited the car.

I immediately spotted Heather as she got out and we got eye contact. I smiled and decided to go back out to greet them all properly.

...

"Hey, Astrid! Long time no sees," Heather greeted as I approached.

I smiled widely. "Heather! Nice to see you!" I went over to her and we hugged each other. "How I've missed you," I said as we pulled back.

"I missed you too" Heather smiled and looked down at me. "Look at you! You've gotten even more beautiful than last time I saw you!"

"You too!" I chuckled. Heather was just as I remembered her - apart from her growing a little taller and her hips were a lot wider.

...I guess the same goes for me...

But her face was all the same, with all the recognizable features. Green eyes, slim and dark eyebrows and jet-black hair pulled up in a side-braid.

"Astrid, can you help to carry these suitcases?" My mom asked from behind. I turned around and saw her pointing at some different colored suitcases.

"Yes," I answered and helped carry them inside.

...

Once they were inside, I greeted the rest of my aunt's family. We had a small talk and a few laughs before my dad came home. It was late into the night, but my mom decided to make a few snacks for us while we had fun talking.

Later on, in the night, my mom asked me to help Heather carry her stuff up and help her settle in my room. I did - without any struggle - and soon found me and Heather sitting on each of our beds - a mattress for Heather, but still counts as a bed.

Dagur and the twins were too tired to stay awake, so they were already safe asleep. My parents and Heather's parents were busy talking in the living room...

The light in my room was still on and Heather and I had fun talking about what we've missed out in each other's lives.

...Though I didn't mention anything about Hiccup to Heather yet... Maybe I'll tell her later...

"So... How's school goin'? Any cute boys?" Heather asked wiggling her eyebrows in a teasing way... She sure grew mature, huh?

I shrugged. "School's nice! - Apart from all the homework, of course..."

Heather nodded understandingly. I knew they didn't get any homework in their school... Not fair!...

"Any cute boys?" Heather asked again, this time having a bit more curiosity in her voice.

"...Maybe... But let's talk about something else..." I said.

I suddenly felt my neck beginning to get itchy, so I reached in a began to scratch, not even realizing, that the big dark-red mark on my neck was getting more and more exposed.

I saw Heather's eyes quickly glued to the spot. Her eyes widened as she saw the mark. I realized and rapidly covered it up with my palm.

"I'll explain, okay?! But please don't tell my parents..." I quickly exclaimed.

Heather now curled a smirk up onto her lips. "I'll listen, so just spit it out"

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Tell About Your Boyfriend]