[Chapter 012] - School Is Boring

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

I woke up to the sound of my dad shouting.

"SON, ARE YOU UP?" he shouted from the living room. "I NEED TO GO NOW, I WILL TAKE TOOTHLESS WITH ME, CAN YOU GET TO SCHOOL YOURSELF?"

I sat up in my bed and stretched my body. It was early in the morning because it was still dark outside.

"SON?" He shouted again.

"YES DAD, I AM ON THE WAY" I shouted back and went over to my closet. I could hear the door closing downstairs, so that must mean my dad had left.

I chose a pair of black jeans and a blue button-down shirt, put on my socks and went downstairs.

I threw myself on the sofa in the living room and turned on on the TV. I had a lot of spare time now, it was only 06:07 a.m. and I only had a 15 minutes walk to school.

I started looking through the channels, but there wasn't really anything interesting.

Suddenly my stomach began to rumble. I am feeling hungry.

I sighed, got up and went out in the kitchen. There was still nothing interesting in the fridge, so my breakfast will be cornflakes... again...

...

...

I was almost at school. I had forgotten the time and it was now 7:51 so I was a little busy. I walked in through the door and headed directly down to my locker to get my school books.

I had to start the day off with Math class so luckily I wouldn't need so many things from my locker. I closed my locker and went to the classroom.

"Hey Hiccup, what's up? I was actually going to ask you something," Jack said as I entered the classroom. I sat next to him and started preparing for the class.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked curiously and leaned back against the chair. I had a feeling that Jack was going to tell me something he found very exciting.

He leaned close to me and whispered in my ear. "Do you still wanna join our Game night? Because Tuffnut wants to know if you are free on Saturday"

I smiled. I was glad they still wanted me to join them.

"Yes, I don't think I have plans this weekend so I'm free," I said.

Jack smiled. "Trust me, it'll be fun!"

And right at the same moment, our teacher came into the classroom.

"Well, class, today we will learn about quadratic equations, so have a paper and a pencil ready for notes," she said...

________________________________________

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

...

Uhrgh, I really just wish school wasn't that boring! Well, luckily we have a lunch break now...

"Hey guys," I greeted and sat down, around the table.

"Hey Astrid, are you free Saturday? We're planning on doing the game night there, hope you can!" Tuffnut exclaimed excitedly. He was looking very much forward to it.

"Sounds very good! I don't think I have any plans this weekend as far as I know" I replied and started eating my food.

I couldn't stop looking at Hiccup when he looked away...

WOAH... he looks hot in a button-down shirt - I mean look at him, he looks so handsome and if I should, he would probably also be a real gentleman. I couldn't help but smile at the fact that he was joining our game night.

Just look at his eyes and his smile. Oh, they remind me of the episode in the supermarket where he helped me.

"ASTRID" Ruffnut whispered harshly in my ear. I choked in shock and began to cough.

"Now you are doing it again" she whispered and nodded toward Hiccup, who was busy talking to the boys.

I sighed. "What is going on with me?"

Ruffnut snickered and continued with her food.

...Seriously, I have to control my daydreaming...
...

...

For the rest of the day, I had to go on my own due to my schedule. It was the only module of the week where all my friends had a different class than me... TERRIBLE!

I just had to head home now, home and relax... or maybe Stormfly and I can go for a little walk in the park... Yes, I should better get some fresh air.

I put my stuff back in my locker and started making my way home......When I came home, I walked into the house.

"Hey mom, I'll just go for a walk with Stormfly" I yelled and went into the living room to get my beloved dog.

"Sounds good, Dear! Dad and I would probably be home late again, we're going to another meeting" my mother yelled back from upstairs.

I sighed. Then I would be home alone at... again...

My mom and dad were always so busy, especially now that we have started up again after the holiday.

I came into the living room and there was my Stormfly. "Come on Stormfly, let's go for a walk," I said in a baby voice and kneeled down in front of her.

She wagged her tail and seemed to be just as happy to see me as I was to see her. We went out to the hallway, Stormfly got her lead on and we went out the door.

It was a little cloudy outside, but I like this kind of weather, it was cozy. I closed the door behind me and we started walking toward the park. Stormfly was so eager to get outside that she quickly ran zig-zag from side to side while sniffing to the ground.

"Slow down, slow down" I laughed and walked after her. We walked down the quiet street, it was so peaceful and relaxing just perfect to get all your thoughts out of your head.

We came into the park and walked on the path, leading under the beautiful willow trees who were whistling in the quiet breeze.

We came to a bench in the middle of the huge lawn. I thought it would be a good place to go to. Here you had a nice view of the whole park.

I unleashed Stormfly so she could run around free and take care of herself for a little while. In the meantime, I could enjoy the view...

I was not worried about letting Stormfly free, she is a good dog, she couldn't dream of running away.

I just sat there and looked at the nice trees until I spotted someone walking with a black dog.

He went right past me...

"...Hiccup?"

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Thank You Very Much!]