[Chapter 024] - A Very Good Pillow

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

Morning came and the annoying birds began to "sing" on the rooftop. The sun was slowly beginning to rise and the morning rays slowly began to light up the living room.

It was so peaceful here. We all fell asleep yesterday after watching 'Frozen'.

I began to wake up to the snoring of Snotlout. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to adjust to the light in this room.

It then became visible to me. I was looking right at a shirt... Hiccup's shirt.

I could see how his breathing made his chest rise and fall calmly.

I then realized that I had two strong arms wrapped around me, protecting me. I felt so comfortable, I was sitting with my arms wrapped around my knees while resting on top of his lap, leaning against his toned body.

His head was right above me and he was sleeping safely. He looks so cute when he is sleeping.

I couldn't quite remember how we ended up in like this but I really don't want to leave this position.

The sad thing was... that I had to...

I slowly and carefully tried to move his arms from around me. Wow, he is strong... This is gonna be a little difficult...

After a lot of different tries, I finally managed to put down my feet. I slowly and carefully got tangled out of his protective embrace. I stood up and discreetly made my way to the bathroom, careful of not waking up the others.

Hiccup just kept on sleeping so I would call it 'a mission accomplished'.

I grabbed my bag and went into the bathroom. I had to change into new clothes and maybe wash my face and do my hair...

...

...

I finished braiding my hair and unlocked the door to walk out. I could hear some voices from the living room so that must signify someone was awake...

I went into the living room and saw Fishlegs, Ruffnut, and Elsa cleaning up a little. The turned around and smiled at me, I gestured them to get over to me so we could talk without waking up the others.

We went into the kitchen and sat down.

"Are you guys hungry or thirsty?" Ruffnut asked and opened the fridge. She took out some juice and some milk and put them on the table.

We all took a glass and sat down at the table. I, of course, took a glass of juice.

"So, did you guys sleep okay?... I mean we weren't supposed to sleep in the living room... but whatever, we were all tired anyway" Ruffnut laughed as she poured some milk into her glass.

"I had a good sleep, I used Jack as a pillow... so no complaints from me" Elsa chuckled and took a sip of her glass.

Ruffnut smirked and looked at me. I blushed a bit. What if they noticed me and Hiccup...

"Good morning guys" Tuffnut greeted as he came into the kitchen and stretched himself before opening the fridge.

"Morning brother, do you have a plan for breakfast?" Ruffnut asked as he sat by the table after closing the fridge.

"Yeah, I hope you guys like waffles" he smiled and poured some milk into his glass, taking a sip.

Then I saw Jack walking into the kitchen as well. "Good morning," he greeted and sat down next to Elsa.

I could sense some red tint on Elsa's cheeks as she looked at Jack. Those two are going to become a couple for sure!

"Morning Hiccup" Tuffnut greeted as Hiccup appeared in the doorframe to the kitchen.

"Morning guys," he said and went over to the table as well. He sat right beside me and this time I could feel my own cheeks getting heated.

I have to admit... Hiccup is a pretty good pillow as well...

I saw Elsa and Ruffnut smirking at me. They were probably thinking I should ask Hiccup to become my boyfriend, but I'm just... I don't know... I'm just afraid of getting a 'no'...

"Ah, there you are, good morning" Tuffnut greeted as Snotlout and Anna walked into the kitchen as well.

"Now that you are all here, I think we should start to make the breakfast?" Ruffnut asked and stood up.

"Yeah, good idea," Tuffnut said and went out to the freezer to grab the frozen waffles.

"They just need to be microwaved, so in the meantime, you guys can get ready and things like that" Ruffnut told us and went over to the microwave.

I had already changed my clothes and all that so I thought I would go ahead and help Ruffnut. I went over to her and helped her prepare the plates.

"How did you sleep last night?" she suddenly asked as I set the table.

I blushed a bit again, but she couldn't see due to that she was looking the other way.

"Good, how about you?" I asked teasingly. I went over beside her and looked out the window, admiring the beautiful sunrise and the green leaves on the trees.

"Well, I didn't have a protective pillow like you" she teased.

Oh no, she saw it... Whatever...

"But I slept well though considering my brother's loud snore" she laughed. I couldn't stop laughing as well.

"Here they are," Tuffnut exclaimed and put down two big bags of waffles in front of us. Ruffnut and I started to unpack them and warm them up while Tuffnut continued on setting the table with jam and all those kind of things.

Some time went and soon all of us was gathered up again around the table. The food was brought in and handed around to everyone.

After handing out it all, I grabbed my own plate and sat down beside Hiccup.

He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. I was so in love with him...

We began to eat and I could see Jack and Ruffnut whispering about something while looking at us.

I had a bad feeling about this...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: The Accident]