[Chapter 043] - The Leather Jacket

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

I sat down across from Astrid, admiring her. I had made a stack of pancakes for breakfast, and I could feel my stomach churn like crazy.

I gestured Astrid to start filling her plate, so we could eat and get on with the day. She smiled and carefully took a pancake onto her plate.

When she was done, I took one too. I was so hungry and it was so early in the morning. I am usually not this hungry in the morning...

"So, where do you want to go?" I asked as we began to eat. We were first supposed to be at the twins at 3 o'clock, so we basically had the whole day.

Astrid shrugged. "Maybe we could go to the park? And then maybe the mall?" She asked.

I nodded. "Sure! Do you want me to drive us there?" I asked. I forgot to tell Astrid that I knew how to drive...

Astrid stopped eating and just looked confused at me. "You? Driving?... Wait, are you telling me that you have a drivers license?"

I nodded and chucked. "Do you want me to take you on a ride?"

Her eyes widened as she heard my words. "Wait... wait, why haven't I seen you driving around then?"

"I don't know, I used to when I was a student at my old school..." I explained. I have had my license for nearly a year now, but I didn't have that much time to drive since I had a lot of school...

...And since my dad used Gobber to drive him around all the time, I thought I would sometimes accept his offers and drive with him instead...

"But... Do you also have your own car then?" She asked curiously.

Truth was... I actually didn't have my own car, yet...

...because I would rather want something else... But I could still give her a ride on it if she wants... And in case I wished, I could just use one of my dad's cars...

"Finish eating, I'll show you," I said with a teasing smile. This could be fun actually...

Astrid just rolled her eyes playfully and did as I wished. I couldn't wait to show her...

...

As we finished eating, I took the plates and brought them to the kitchen where I popped them in the dishwasher. I couldn't wait to show her so I hurried up.

As they were inside, I closed the machine and went over to Astrid. She was gathering the cups and was about to take them to the kitchen, but I just grabbed her hands and took the cups from her.

I smiled kindly at her. "Leave this to me and find your jacket, we'll be going in a minute"

She looked confused at me. "But... I didn't bring a jacket..."

I frowned. But then I got something in my mind.

"Don't worry, I'll also take care of that!" I said and hurried back out in the kitchen. I placed down the cups and went back to Astrid.

I grabbed her hand and led her to the hallway. I had a fun idea in mind so I went over to the cloakroom with her.

...

"Here, try this one," I said and handed her a black leather jacket made for women.

Astrid frowned first but then she accepted and tried on the leather jacket.

My eyes widened as I saw her wearing it.

...Wow... It fit her perfectly... and DAMN she looked so HOT as f*ck!!

...

...

"Hiccup?... Earth to Hiccup..."

I came back to reality once Astrid waved her hand quickly from side to side in front of my face. I blinked rapidly and shook my thoughts away.

"What?" I asked innocently as I realized that had been gazing right at her for a couple of minutes.

"You are drooling," Astrid laughed and went over to the mirror.

I felt my chin. I was drooling... Oh, no... how embarrassing. I quickly wiped the saliva off and went over to her.

Astrid was spinning around in front of the mirror, checking herself out in the leather jacket. She seemed to like it.

I chuckled as I went over behind her and wrapped my hands around her waist, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Do you like it?" I asked and looked at us in the mirror. Astrid had a happy smile on her face.

"Yeah, I really do, but why do you have this jacket?" She asked and looked at me through the mirror.

"It belongs to my mom" I answered and sighed, looking at the floor. "It's one of the few things I got from her youth"

I looked back up at Astrid and I saw a questionably face expression. She looked like she had an eager to ask me about something, but she just kept quiet...

________________________________________

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

Once I heard Hiccup mention his mom, I froze. I had never asked him why I haven't seen his mom and why it only was Stoick, who was at home and at the hospital.

I really had an urge to ask him about where his mom is, but at the same time I feel like it's not my business... and maybe Hiccup doesn't wanna talk about it...

"You okay?" I asked as I saw him looking concerned. I had some bad thoughts about this...

Hiccup let go of my waist and stood back up. "Yeah... sorry... some memories just came back to me of my mom"

Now I couldn't hold it in any longer...

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked carefully, turned around and laid my hand on his shoulder.

He looked back at me a gave me a weak smile, before taking a deep breath. "My mom disappeared 16 years ago, leaving my dad very concerned of where she went. My dad called the police and they searched for her for months but didn't find a single trace of her. I was only 1 year old when she disappeared and the police suspected of a murder crime, but my dad refused to believe that she is dead"

"My dad was broken, he lost his wife... I lost my mom..." Hiccup began to close his eyes.

"And today, we don't know where she is, but I miss her even though I didn't get to know her that much..."

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: His Beloved Vehicle]