[Chapter 105] - Sofa Cuddle

[Hiccup's Point Of View]

............................................................

I led Astrid into the living room and made her sit down on the couch. I insisted, that I would clean up the kitchen myself. I want her to be treated like a princess today.

...My princess!...

"Why don't you choose a movie while I do the kitchen?" I suggested.

Astrid looked up at me. "Promise me to be back very soon," she said. "I don't wanna wait! - If I feel like it's taking too long, I'm gonna go out and help you out!"

I nodded. "I promise! Now sit down a find yourself comfortable. I'll be quick!" I assured and went for the kitchen. I have to be fast with the cleaning. Astrid is stubborn sometimes...

...

...

I had just put the last pieces of kitchenware back to their place, and now I wanted to check on M'lady. I closed the cabinet and headed for the living room. It was very quiet in there, and I was wondering if Astrid had been falling asleep or something like that...

As I passed through the doorframe and entered the living room, I could see, that the lights in here had been dimmed a bit. I turned around the corner to the TV-area and immediately spotted Astrid, sitting patiently on the couch.

I chuckled as I noticed, that Astrid had been lighting a few candles and placed them on the table.

"Romantic, huh?" Astrid smiled. "Thought I could set the mood a bit..."

I just smiled and went over to the sofa. "I love it!" I praised. "...Did you choose any movie too?"

Astrid nodded proudly and pulled out her phone. "It's called 'The Poltergeist'... And it's a horror movie..."

"Uuuuhh" I winked. "Sounds german..."

Astrid just chuckled. "Yes, it does... But I don't think the movie has anything to do with Germany though..." She said.

...I could sense Astrid becoming a little impatient.

She patted the space next to her. "Get down here!" She demanded.

I really feel loved right now! I did as she wished and sat down next to her. Astrid hooked up the connection to the TV from her phone and the movie soon began.

...

As we went past the intro of the movie, I had snaked an arm around Astrid's shoulders and pulled her closer to me. She was resting her head on my shoulder and her body against mine.

I was sitting up against the armrest of the sofa and soon got an idea.

I discreetly lifted Astrid off my body. She pulled back as she felt me push her a little. She now sat up and looked at me with a frown.

I looked up at her with an apologetic look. "No, no! - I'm just gonna change position." I explained.

Astrid's face loosened and she became relaxed again.

I now swung my leg up and laid down on the whole length of the sofa behind Astrid - yep, that's how tall I am...

I rested my head against the armrest of the sofa, folded my hands across my stomach and looked back up at Astrid. She was still just looking at me.

I now patted my chest with a smirk curled up on my face. Astrid seemed to get what I was trying to tell her, as she just smiled and leaned down. She placed her head on my chest and shifted her body to a better position.

...

...

The movie was slowly coming to an end... There were a few jumps scares which - because of the shriek from Astrid - nearly made me lose the connection to the real world.

I usually don't get scared that easily, but you know the effect; when someone is screaming, you can't avoid getting a chock as well...

...Well, that was primarily what happened to me...

Anyway, Astrid and I were all cuddled up right now. Astrid had changed her position again, and now her whole body was laying on top of me. I had my legs spread a little, so she could have hers in between.

She also had her arms wrapped around my upper body and was all snuggled up in my chest. I really enjoyed this moment - as much as the many other moments we had...

I began to play with her hair, combing my fingers slowly through continuously.

...Astrid seemed to love it, as her breathing got heavier...

-*AAAAH!!*

-Another jumpscare just appeared in the movie, which caused Astrid to tighten the embrace around my ribcage... By a lot! - I'm not kidding when I say this woman is strong!...

I gasped for air as my lungs basically were empty now due to the sudden squeeze. Astrid noticed my coughing and loosened her arms again. "Oh! I'm sorry!" She apologized.

"It's *cough* fine!" I managed to say. I took a deep breath to try and calm down again. Once it was tolerably good again, I gave Astrid permission to lay down and continue the hugging.

"I'll be more careful next time!" Astrid giggled.

"Next time?!?" I frowned. I better be prepared for this! Don't want to die from lack of oxygen - and killed by my own girlfriend by accident!

...

The movie ended. What a sad ending, but I guess that goes for a lot of horror movies in general...

As the credits began to roll, I took a glance at the clock. It was already 6:46 p.m...

Elsa and Jack are going to be here in a few minutes... And I think Astrid is aware of that too...

We better get ready to welcome them...

I slowly sat up - Astrid's body getting lifted up as well. I stretched myself a bit and felt Astrid released the embrace around me.

She sat up and slowly got off me. "Jelsa will be here! Better not look messy when they arrive..." She chuckled. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me up as well.

I didn't get to protest before Astrid was all over me, fixing my button-down shirt and tie, as well as hair.

...I guess I looked messy...

After me, Astrid looked at her own reflection in the mirror in the hallway. She wasn't looking as messy as I did...

*DING DONG*

We almost jumped as the doorbell rang. I looked at Astrid and sent her a look saying: 'Jelsa is here'.

Astrid nodded and I headed for the door...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: We Bet On You Two]