[Chapter 062] - Ruffnut To The Rescue

[Astrid's Point Of View]

......................................................................

Time went by so quickly as we all were watching 'The Walking Dead' on the twins' big flatscreen TV. I was actually really paying attention to what happened on the screen even though I was doubting, that I'll be something interesting for me...

...I am not afraid of Zombies, but I don't like watching these 'things', eating other people and animals... Gross! Gross! Gross!

I tried my best to close my eyes every time things like this happened. I would then only open them again when the screaming stopped...

...Good thing I have my Hiccup to protect me right now...

Apart from all the creepy- and nastiness, it was actually pretty entertaining to watch!... And we didn't even notice how many episodes we had watched so far... I didn't mind...

But the coziness was interrupted as I felt some slight pain in my stomach... I groaned as I knew why it was hurting like that...

...My period...

Yep... I had my period... I remember last Friday where I suddenly felt it... It was a little unexpected and I, unfortunately, had to change my pants because they got a little soaked... That caused me to be late for my class... And, unfortunately, it was one of the classes I had together with Hiccup...

It was a little embarrassing, so I chose to write down why I was late for class on a small note and handed it to our teacher, so I avoided the other students - including Hiccup - to hear it...

...

The pain just continued and I knew, I had to get to the bathroom now!...

I groaned, mentally, and lifted my head up from Hiccup's abdomen, making him stop the caressing of my braid.

I looked at him and smiled. "I'll be right back" I whispered.

He nodded and I stood up, making my way towards the hallway. I noticed Ruffnut, getting up as well and following me.

I went over to my bag and opened it. I need to quickly find some sanitary towels...

As I was searching for them, Ruffnut appeared in the doorframe. "You okay Astrid?" She asked.

I looked up and smiled. "Uhm... Yeah... If only I could find my..." I lowered my voice. "Sanitary towels..."

Ruffnut smiled and walked over towards me as I just continued to struggle, searching through my bag.

...Please don't tell me, I forgot to pack them...

I seriously couldn't find them anywhere, I was beginning to think, that I really forgot to pack them...

Ruffnut went over to my side and helped me. She could do that, she is my best friend and she already knows about such things... It's better than if it was any of the boys...

After another search, I gave up... I must have forgotten to pack them...

...DAMN IT!...

I looked at Ruffnut and she smirked. "Want me to get some of my spares?" She asked.

I nodded awkwardly. "Please... That would save my day..."

Ruffnut nodded and went upstairs to her room. I stayed here and waited for her, patiently.

I'm so happy, I got a friend like her! She always has my back when I need it...

The pain started again, so I held my hands on my stomach, right under my belly button, to try and ease the pain a little. I rubbed the spot for a few seconds until I heard some quick footsteps, running down the stairs.

Ruffnut went over to me with a smile and handed me a little bag. "Here. I got some extras for you... Just in case..." She said.

"You are the best!" I said and gave her a hug.

Ruffnut hugged back, but then pulled back again. "Now, hurry up! You don't wanna be soaked, do you?" She laughed.

I shushed her. "Quiet! Don't let them hear it..."

Ruffnut stopped laughing and put her hands up in defense. "I'm sorry, but hurry up!" She said seriously and pointed at the guest bathroom.

I nodded and went to the door. "You are still the best!" I said before closing the door behind me and locking it.

...

...

After I was done with the business, I unlocked the door and went out. Lucky, my shorts didn't get soaked, which would have been so embarrassing...

I took the extra sanitary towels, Ruffnut gave me and put them inside my bag for later. I zipped it up and went back into the living room, where Ruffnut already had sat down on the sofa.

She gave me a questioning look and I nodded to signal, that I was okay and everything was fine. She smiled and nodded before continuing to watch 'The Walking Dead'.

...Aww, I have missed a lot while I was gone...

I went over to the spot, I was sitting before and sat down beside Hiccup.

...I had stolen his shirt... I like wearing his clothes, even though it's too big for me...

...And as an extra bonus, Hiccup was still shirtless, which is another reason for me not to give it back to him again...

I like looking at him shirtless... Wait, wait, wait, did I seriously just say that? No way, Astrid you are so creepy, stop it!

As I sat down, Hiccup wrapped his hand around my waist and looked at me. "You okay?" He asked.

I nodded and smiled innocently. I didn't want to explain anything, so I just rested my head back on top of his abdomen.

...It's so soft... My new favorite pillow!...

I felt Hiccup putting his hand back on my braid, starting to caress it again.

...He really has a fascination with my hair, huh?... But I don't mind, I enjoy the feeling of his touch...

I just snuggled even more into him as I covered my body with the blanket. I wanted to be able to cover my eyes when the nasty stuff happens... Just so I don't gross all out...

We all continued to watch the series as it was too good to stop. We didn't even realize how late it was getting...

I just hope I don't suddenly fall asleep... I wanna sleep on a madras tonight, I wanna sleep beside Hiccup... Not on a sofa...

......................................................................

[- Next Chapter: Sleeping Together?]