[Chapter 049] - All Around The City

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

We started making our way to the exit of the park. I was carrying our helmets while Hiccup had the rolled-up blanket under his arm.

"Do you remember where they live?" Hiccup asked. "I mean... I'm not completely sure... Was it Gronkle Alley? Nadder Avenue? Or was it Zipplestreet?"

I giggled. "It's me, who lives by Nadder Avenue, and Fishlegs at Gronkle Ally. The twins live on Zipplestreet"

"Okay, I'm gonna try to remember it..." He laughed. "You have to guide me over there since I'm not used to that area of Berk..."

"Don't worry I will! I know Ruffnut's house just as good as my own house" I laughed.

True... I didn't actually have a number of how many times I've been staying at Ruffnut's house. It was almost like a second home for me... Then we were younger, we often had sleepovers every weekend... I loved that time! But now school is beginning to take up a lot of our spare time...

I'm just glad that the twins are arranging these kinds of get-togethers and overnight stays. It is the spark that really keeps our friendship going and makes it stronger every time.

...And as an extra bonus; my boyfriend is now a part of it...

Hiccup and I now went out of the park and over to his motorbike. It was still parked where he left it, which is good since we didn't have any time to search for it now.

...Yes... we have had some very unusual thefts lately...

Hiccup unlocked his vehicle, put down the blanket in the seat-compartment, and climbed on. I then handed him his helmet before climbing on as well. I put on my own helmet - his mother's, to be exact - and wrapped my arms around his middle, preparing for the ride.

Hiccup put on his helmet as well and found his keys. He put in the key and started his motorbike.

He looked over his shoulders towards me. "Ready?" He asked with a goofy smile.

I smiled excited and nodded. "Hit it, Haddock!" I laughed.

Hiccup's goofy smile became even bigger and he turned around. I started to feel the motorbike moving and soon we were on our way to Hiccup's house.

After we had picked up Hiccup's stuff, we will be heading to my house for my stuff before driving to the twins.

It was getting even sunnier than I expected. I thought it would be cloudy and perhaps raining, but I didn't look like that...

...That's a good thing though! Because then we'll probably go to the pool... The twins had a nice big pool with a good roof cover, which was smart in case of rain...

...I also recall Tuffnut speaking about cooking some food on the barbecue so we definitely will be enjoying the sun today...

We drove down the road and turned right, driving up through Scauldronstreet, before arriving at Night Fury Boulevard, where Hiccup's house is located. He drove over to his house and parked in the driveway.

"Stay here, I'll be quick," he said and jumped off his bike, leaving me still sitting.

My eyes followed him, as he ran as fast as his prosthetic foot would allow, through the gate and over to the big oak door. He found his keys and unlocked the door before going inside.

I just used the time while I was waiting to explore this beast of a motorbike. It was actually a pretty good size for Hiccup, neither too big nor too small... It was very badas*...

I also really like the jet black color - another thing that made it very badas*. I couldn't understand how Hiccup could keep track of all these buttons and speed indicators. I would be getting crazy from all those lights flashing and numbers appearing on the control panel...

Another thing I couldn't get out of my head was the fact that I was wearing his mother's leather jacket and helmet. I mean, what an honor!... But I still think it's sad that she disappeared and it had a big impact on, especially, Stoick...

I couldn't imagine my own mom just disappearing... It would be horrible...

...But Hiccup needs to stay strong! And I will make sure to help him with that if he needs support!

...After all, I am his girlfriend and I want the best for him!...

My swirling thoughts were interrupted as I heard the big oak door opening again, revealing Hiccup with a big, dark-green sports bag in his hand. He closed and locked the door behind him and ran in my direction. He went through the gate and closed it behind him as well.

"Hope I didn't make you wait too long" he grinned and placed the bag on the seat. "How big is the bag that you are bringing?"

"About the size of yours, I think" I replied. Didn't really think about that while I packed yesterday...

"Good, 'cuz I don't think we can carry much more than that and have a safe ride at the same time..." He said and slowly swung his leg over the seat, getting ready to start again. He placed his bag between his legs. That way, it won't fall off during the sharp turns...

"What time is it?" I asked, resting my head on his shoulders. I had the feeling that we may be getting a bit late...

He looked at his watch. "It's... eh... it's 12:53 p.m."

"Oh, then we better hurry up..." I pointed out and sat back down, wrapping my arms around his middle yet again, while holding on tight.

Hiccup nodded and turned on the vehicle, before driving back out on the road and heading to my house. It didn't take long since we now had a faster way to transport ourselves.

He stopped at my driveway and let me jump off. We didn't have time for him to meet my parents right now, so he stayed on his bike and waited for me.

I quickly found my bag and called out for my mom, that I was leaving. I got back an 'Ok' from upstairs so I just went out of the door and back to Hiccup.

I put the bag on my back and sat back up on his motorbike. He drove out of my driveway and back onto the road.

We were now on our way to twins... A little late... But whatever...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Let's Start The Night!]