[Chapter 084] - Dinner With The Parents

[Astrid's Point Of View]

......................................................................

I was the one who started this makeout session, and I was also the reason why it got more heated...

Hiccup was currently laying on top of me, gently stroking my sides, while I had my fingers buried in his hair. He had flipped both of us around a few minutes ago and now I was here.

...Not that I mind though! I love it!... But I know in a few seconds, my mom will walk in to tell us that dinner is ready and then she'll see us like this...

...Maybe I should stop now just to avoid it... And then continue later...

I was just about to pull back when a knock on the door was heard. I quickly pulled back and so did Hiccup. He sat up and moved to the side to allow me to sit up as well.

"Dinner is ready you two..." My mom announced from the other side of the door. "...Just get down when you are... eh... done..."

...Fantastic!...Note the sarcasm... I guess you could hear the noise from the other side of the door too...

My cheeks were red as a tomato... I felt embarrassed... I looked at Hiccup, he was smiling awkwardly. I bet Hiccup was embarrassed too, considering the scarlet-red, covering his whole face...

"Eh... I... I think we should g-get down?" I stuttered. Why did I stutter suddenly?

Hiccup nodded and stood up from the bed. He reached a hand to me to help me up. I grabbed it and we made our way out the door, down the stair, and into the living room.

________________________________________

[Hiccup's Point Of View]

............................................................

As we made our way into the living room, we got met by a wonderful smell of freshly cooked dinner.

...I recognize this smell... PIZZA!!! Yummy!

I carefully followed behind Astrid as she went to the table.

"I hope you are hungry" her mother appeared in the doorframe with a huge tray, containing the delicious-looking pizza. "I've made enough to feed a whole dragon... Just in case" she laughed and placed down the tray in the middle of the table.

I gave her a grateful smile. She is seriously sweet! I guess I'm not used to having a mom...

I suddenly felt Astrid gently grabbing and pulling my hand. I turned to look at her. "Let's sit down?" She said and guided me to the table. I nodded and followed.

Once we were seated, Astrid's mom came back out from the kitchen with an ewer in her hands, placing it on the table as well. "I'll get Egil, then we can eat, okay?" Astrid's mom said and headed out to the hallway again.

As soon as she was out of sight, I swallowed a hard chunk. I felt the nervousness kick in again...

Astrid must've felt my sudden tenseness and snaked a hand around my upper arm. "Don't worry, he will like you for sure, I know it! Just look at my mom, she is already crazy about you..." She laughed.

That caused a smile to appear on my lips together with a soft chuckle. But my face became neutral again as I heard a door open - probably from his office - together with some footsteps approaching again.

I looked up and saw Helga walking in and taking a seat at the table. "He is on his way, just begin to fill your plates" she smiled.

While we were filling up our plates with this delicious homemade pizza, I couldn't stop worrying. But at the same time, I was excited to meet her dad. I know he was a little silent sometimes, but not in the way of awkwardness.

It's gonna work out Hiccup, he won't kill you...

As everybody had a slice on their plates, I heard a door open once more and some slow footsteps approaching.

Does everything really have to be so dramatic?...

I looked up. "Sorry, just got a phone call from the lawyer, so things took a turn" a deep voice apologized. "But now I should be good"

Egil went over to the table. His eyes dropped on me. "And you must be Hiccup, ey?" He said with a smile and reached me his hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Egil - Astrid's dad"

I took his hand and gave it a shake. "Nice to me you too, sir" I greeted with a generous smile.

...He was not the way I expected. He was kind and welcoming... Why do I keep scaring myself like that? I should seriously stop judging people before I see them...

Egil smiled and sat down on the empty chair. "Look at those manners" he praised. "He is a real gentleman"

"Oh yes, indeed" Helga agreed and handed Egil a slice of pizza.

We all began to eat. And I have to say... WOW! THIS IS SO GOOD!!!

...

"So, Hiccup" Helga started, smiling curiously. "Tell us a little about yourself. How did you and Astrid meet?"

I could see Astrid was blushing. I now actually remember clearly the first time I saw Astrid.

"Well," I started. "My old school had to close due to new construction, so I moved to Berk High. I had just been to my first class after getting my schedule, so I walked down the hallway and accidentally bumped into her, causing her to drop all her stuff on the ground..."

Helga chuckled. "Classic! What happened then?"

I looked at Astrid with a smile. She smiled back.

"I then helped her gather all her stuff again... And since then - the first time I saw her - I've liked her... A lot" I said, mumbling the last part.

"Aww, that's cute" Helga 'aww'ed.

"MOM..." Astrid groaned.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Helga chuckled. "Anyway, do you have anything we should know about you?"

I tapped my chin. Was there anything?

"He is the Mayor's son..." Astrid mumbled with a shy smile.

Egil widened his eyes. "Oh. I remember talking to your dad back at the accident" He told me with curiosity gleaming in his eyes. "Your dad must be a busy man, huh?"

I nodded and smiled. "Yes, he is"

"Do you play any sports?" Helga asked, pouring some water into her glass.

"I sometimes like to play basketball..." I answered. "But I stopped taking classes when I was 15"

"He is so good at sports" Astrid mumbled again which made me turn my head and look at her. Astrid just shrugged. "He almost beat my team all by himself when we played in the school"

I nervously rubbed the back of my neck. It was true, but I don't like to brag or show off...

......................................................................

[- Next Chapter: My Weird Parents]