[Chapter 093] - Because I'm Your Girlfriend

[Astrid's Point Of View]

............................................................

It was getting very late, darkness already beginning to spread across the surface of the ground. I didn't exactly know what time it was, but I was pretty sure it was time to leave soon.

The whole gang was currently gathered up on a blanket under one of the large trees. Most of us were playing a game of 'President' while talking and laughing - mostly the girls.

Snotlout was leaning against the tree, looking at his phone. Jack was laying on his back, checking through his phone as well, while he had his head in Elsa's lap, getting his hair caressed by her.

I, on the other hand, was sitting on top of Hiccup's back, straddling my legs on either side of him. He was breathing calmly and had his head buried in his arms - which were crossed under his forehead.

I used one of my hands to hold onto my cards, while I, with my other hand, had slid it under his shirt and caressed his back slowly.

...Guess who begged me to do it...

I didn't mind though. But it is hard to play a game of cards and caress your boyfriend simultaneously - especially when you only have two hands available...

Nevertheless, I really loved the small grateful hums, which escaped his lips and made vibrations in his whole body. I really liked how I could just make him go into a sort-of-trance with only the use of my hands...

Do boys happen to have a back which is always itchy? Or is it just because he likes my touch?

...Either way, he did enjoy it, so I just kept on doing it...

...

Time went and darkness now overtook completely, causing all the streetlights to turn on and make a cozy mood in the whole city.

We had just finished the last round of 'President' - Ruffnut scored the victory and peppered all of us with a lot of mockeries...

...But that's just how she is, so no one reacted...

I gathered all the cards together and handed them back to Anna, who confidently stuffed them back into her bag with a smile.

People now started to get up and dust off their pants.

"I think it's time we head home..." Fishlegs pointed out.

Snotlout snorted. "Do you really think so?"

"Stop it you two!" Anna demanded, rolling her eyes at them. "Does one of you happen to be a gentleman, who is willing to accompany me on the way home?" She asked in a sweet tone - obviously trying to melt the boys...

I could see Elsa rolling her eyes. I know how different those sisters are when it comes to boys...

I couldn't resist giggling. I now looked back down at my - still tranced - boyfriend.

...Was he sleeping?

I stopped the caressing and slowly and carefully pulled out my hand, but before it had fully left the underside of his shirt, a disappointed groan escaped from Hiccup's mouth.

"No! Don't stop!" He begged.

Aww, little baby...

"Sorry, Babe, but we have to - I bet it's already far past 6 o' clock... You know what you promised my mom, right?" I whispered the last part in his ear.

Another groan escaped before Hiccup finally found back his courage to get up. I was still sitting on top of him, so I quickly got out of the way, reaching a hand to him to help him up.

After a few sighs - and giggles from my side - he was finally standing, looking almost... Well, dead...

"Let's get home so you can get some sleep" I demanded. I had an idea in mind, so I went over behind him and grabbed his broad shoulders.

"Are you saying I can sleep at yours?" Hiccup asked, his voice now excited.

"No..." I sighed. "-I'm sorry, but you heard my mom... We are having guests..." I apologized. I took a step forward before taking a tighter hold on his shoulders. "Ready?"

"Ready for what?" Hiccup asked, turning his head around. "What are you even doi-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence before I jumped up and locked my arms around his neck, while my legs desperately tried to find something to hold on to. Lucky, Hiccup caught my plan and grabbed under my thighs.

"Now... Afsted!" I laughed and pointed towards the parking lot, where Hiccup's motorbike was located.

Hiccup stood still for a moment before asking; "'Afsted'?! Is that even a word?!"

I giggled. "It means 'get going', so... Get going!" I demanded and pointed again.

I couldn't see it, but I was sure Hiccup was smiling. I just wrapped my arms around his neck and let my hands fall down on his chest.

He began to walk. "Why exactly do you have to ride on my back?" He asked and turned his head a bit - just enough for me to see his goofy smile curled up on his lips.

I nuzzled my head into his neck. "Because I'm your girlfriend" I simply answered.

Hiccup chuckled. "That's not a proper reason..."

"It is for me!" I shot back, mumbling and nuzzled even more into his neck.

Hiccup chuckled again and jumped a bit to get a better grip at me. "If you say so..." He snickered and just continued.

As we got to the parking lot, we said goodbye to the others, before we headed for Hiccup's bike. As we got there he loosened the grip around my thighs and allowed me to jump down.

I did so and soon found myself sitting securely behind Hiccup. I had his mother's helmet and leather jacket on - which Hiccup insisted on so I didn't get cold during the drive...

...I really find his concerns about me very cute!

Hiccup started his bike and drove towards the road. I took the moment to bury my face in his back, smelling his wonderful scent and feeling his heartbeat.

My eyes suddenly felt very heavy and I felt like I was in my bed at home. I held my other hand very tightly and tried not to fall asleep.

Because that could be absolutely dangerous!...

But the silence of the sleeping street, the wind in my face and the lovely pillow I had, made it very difficult for me.

This is gonna be hard...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: A Bit Of A Challenge]