[Chapter 011] - Getting Late

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

We went down to the kitchen and Ruffnut walked over to one of the cabinets and took out two glasses. She put them on the table and opened the fridge.

I took a quick glance into the living room to see if Tuffnut was still there. He wasn't... I think - the sofa was empty so that meant he probably wasn't in the house.

"Juice or milk?" Ruffnut asked as she searched the fridge for something interesting.

"Juice please," I said and sat down at the table.

Ruffnut poured some apple juice into both glasses and gave one of them to me.

She turned around and faced me, leaning against the table behind her.

"Okay, so I'd like to talk about the upcoming game night, you know... it's going to be held here," Ruffnut said excitedly and smiling at me.

Oh, I completely forgot about the game night. It was always the highlight of the month so I was very excited too.

"Yeah, I can hardly wait" I replied just as excited as Ruffnut.

Ruffnut smirked. "Tuffnut has begged me to invite Hiccup along. Would it be okay with you? I will ask the others tomorrow," she said, taking a sip of her juice.

I blushed... again. "Yes, it's fine with me. It'll be nice!" I said and took a sip of my juice as well.

"Well, then we ask him to join!" Ruffnut made clear.

There was a short moment of silence...

"Why don't you invite the Eret too?" I asked. I could then see that Ruffnut began to blush as well.

"Tuffnut is not that pleased with him coming along because he is much older than us, and because many of us don't know him... Trust me, I've tried to convince my brother but he doesn't want to," Ruffnut said sadly.

That made me sorry to hear, but then again, she and Eret are not together, he is much older than us, and we don't know him. So maybe it was the best this way.

"But hey! You and Hiccup can learn a lot more about each other if he decides to join" she said.

"Yes, I guess we can," I replied with a low voice. I looked at the clock. It was already 05:21 p.m. and I had to leave soon if I should have time enough to get home for dinner.

"I'd better go now before it gets too late," I said and went to the sink with the glass.

Ruffnut looked at the clock. "Yeah, you're right, time flies by when you have fun" she laughed and opened the dishwasher. She took our glasses and put them into the machine.

We went out to the entrance and I took on my jacket and grabbed my bag.

"Goodbye, see you tomorrow," I said, giving Ruffnut a Bff-hug and went out the door.

"Goodbye, watch out, be careful," she said, waving to me. I waved back and started to make my way home.

...

"Hey mom, hey dad, I'm at home," I yelled as I walked into the house.

"Perfect, dear, we are about to eat now," my mom answered from the living room.

I felt pretty hungry now. It smelled really good throughout the whole house.

"It smells good! What's on the menu?" I asked when I got into the living room. I sat down at the already set table, right across from my dad, who still was reading the newspaper.

"Chicken" my mom replied and came out with a big tray. She put it down in the middle of the table and sat down. When we were all gathered around the table, we started to eat...

"How has your day been?" my dad suddenly asked.

"It was excellent! Ruff and I have made most of our homework" I answered. I felt really anti-stressed now that I didn't have that much more homework to do.

My dad smiled. "Good to hear"

"Are there any cute boys in your class?" My mom suddenly asked and smiled innocently.

Why is she asking about that? She must have seen me chatting with Hiccup. I didn't know what to answer, it wasn't any of their business!

I just looked at my mother with questioning eyes. "I can't decide if they are sweet," I laughed to get the attention away from my private feelings.

"I just wanted to know if you found the right one yet..." My mom pointed out. I knew she only wanted the best for me. And it meant a lot to her that I was happy.

I ate up and took my plate out to the kitchen and put it in the dishwasher.

"Just tell me when you are leaving," I said, walking up the stairs. I went into my room and threw myself in my bed.

What should I do now?

...Of course, I can see if Hiccup has time to chat! I quickly found my phone and began texting to Hiccup.

[06:04 pm] Astrid: Hey, what's up? Have time to a little chat?

[06:05 pm] Hiccup: Hi, and sure!

[06:05 pm] Astrid: Text or Face Time?

[06:05 pm] Hiccup: Let's Face Time :D

________________________________________

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

YES! I had really hoped for Astrid to text me. I was just about to press the 'Call' button but just before I could, Astrid called. I took it and within 10 seconds, we could see each other.

We started talking about our day. I told her about my old school and how it was to be the son of the Mayor.

She told me that her parents were going to a meeting and that she soon was alone at home. She told about the movie that she and Ruff had seen earlier and about fun things that happened at school.

I loved listening to her angelic voice and to the stories she told, sounds like she had a very exciting life.

We kept on talking until it was 08:33 pm before we agreed to call it a day...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: School Is Boring]