[Chapter 100] - A Double-Date?

[Hiccup's Point of View]

............................................................

Yesterday passed by casually - no problems or any drama, only making the day feel long or boring...

...But at least, today, it was Friday and school had just finished. Our teachers were kind and didn't give any homework to us, so I was basically free this weekend.

"Hey, Hiccup!"

I turned around from my locker and spotted Jack walking towards me with a smile on his face. "Hey, Jack. What's up?" I asked as he approached.

Jack leaned up against the locker next to mine. "I just want to ask if you have any plans for this weekend?"

"...No, not as far as I recall" I smiled. "Why? Wanna hang out?"

Jack smiled again. "Well... Sort of... - I mean, if you want, you and Astrid, Elsa and I could have a date?..." Jack explained.

I frowned. "A date? Only the 4 of us - like a double-date?" I asked, a little confused.

Jack smirked. "Yes... I-I was thinking maybe the girls would like it..."

I narrowed my eyes. "Why, Jack? Why exactly?" I asked. Jack is not the type for dates - and especially not double-dates... So why a sudden change?

Well, I guess some of this stuff happened after him and Elsa became an official couple... He had been acting a little weird around people now - he is almost looking like someone who is afraid of something...

Jack looked around, checking if anyone was listening. He turned back to me a rubbed the back of his head. "...Elsa... She wanted to go on a date..." He started.

I looked at him and I could clearly see the nervousness in his facial expression.

Jack continued. "...I just can't go on a date with her..." He sighed.

"Why?" I questioned. "You are a couple still, right?"

Jack nodded. "Yes... But you know me... I'm too afraid to do such things.."

Oh! Now I understand what he is trying to say. Jack has had a bit of a problem with his self-esteem a while back... I don't know what exactly caused this, but I haven't questioned him about it to avoid any complications and further sadness...

...I think that still haunts him... And especially around girls...

"Jack, just trust yourself! I know you can - Elsa loves you for who you are!" I encouraged.

Jack shrugged. "Yeah... You are probably right..." He said. He looked down at the floor for a moment. "But... What if something goes wrong? What if she doesn't like the food? What if it gets awkward?" He listed.

I shook my head. "Jack, you are thinking about this way too much!" I said and put a hand on his shoulder. "Trust me! These things won't happen! You are a wonderful guy and I'm sure Elsa loves that!"

A little smile appeared on Jack's lips and he looked back up me. "Thanks, Hiccup! You are my best friend!"

I smiled warmly. "Hey! I'm always here for you!"

Jack gave me a bro-hug, patting my back. "Thank you!" He whispered before pulling back and making ready to leave. "I have to catch the bus... See you!"

I waved at him, keeping the happy smile on my lips as he made his way down the hall.

Suddenly my thoughts were giving me an idea. I quickly shot up. "Hey! Wait, Jack!" I yelled and got his attention.

I closed my locker and jogged over to him. Jack looked at me with a questioned face.

"I thought about it..." I said. "If you would like, then you and Elsa could go to my house after your date and hang out... Maybe watch a movie? I'll ask Astrid if she is interested... But, only if you want, of course!" I suggested.

Jack's face lit up, release and joy, filling his eyes. "You seriously mean that!? That would be awesome!" He smiled.

I smiled back. "So... Is that a yes?" I asked. "It is kind of a double-date... And if it gets too late, I'm sure my dad wouldn't mind you guys staying over..."

Jack's face lit up even more. "Yes, Hiccup!! I would love that! ...What time?"

I tapped my chin a few times. "Tomorrow? 7?" I suggested.

Jack nodded. "Sure! That sounds perfect! I'll probably take Elsa out and eat first..."

I patted his shoulder. "Do whatever you want" I laughed. "Just text me if anything changes... Astrid and I know how to kill time..."

Well, that sounded better in my head...

Jack smirked. "I bet you do..."

I frowned. "...What?"

Jack's face instantly became as innocent as he could do. "Nothing!" He said. "But, yes, I'll text you if anything changes! Thank you again Hiccup! Thank you so much!!"

"You're welcome" I winked. "And I bet it's gonna be fun! Now, get your bus or you'll be late!" I laughed.

"Okay... Mom" Jack laughed. "See you later, bro!"

"See you later!" I laughed. I looked at Jack as he exited the school and went to the bus stop. Maybe this wasn't any bad idea after all! Maybe this could get really cozy and Jack and Elsa could get even closer to each other...

...

Time was almost out and I still had one more thing to do before going home.

"Hey, M'lady" I greeted as I entered the geography classroom where Astrid was currently busy packing down her bag. All the students were exiting the room, leaving only a few people studying.

Astrid looked up as she heard my voice and smiled. "Hey," she chuckled as I got to her table. She leaned in and gave me a quick soft peck on the lips. "What brings you here? Didn't your last period not end- " she looked at her phone " - 20 minutes ago?"

I smiled and sat down on the edge of her table, hunching my back a bit. "I was going to ask you about something..."

Astrid looked up again. "Ah-huh? I'm listening" she said, sitting down on her chair.

I turned my body to the side, so my legs were dangling down from the table on each side of her. I looked down at her. "I have invited Jack and Elsa to come over tomorrow at 7. Do you want to join me? So I don't get lonely and cry myself to sleep for missing you - not to speak about my sleeping-problems without you beside me..."

Astrid giggled and tilted her head a bit. "Well... When you ask that way..." she smiled. "Yes!"

"Yes!!" I exclaimed - and got shushed by a couple of students working.

"...Can I then ask you something?" Astrid suddenly asked.

I looked back at her and nodded.

Astrid bit her bottom lip. "Could you follow me home? I don't want to be lonely and cry myself to sleep because I'm missing you too much - not to speak of the danger with walking alone at an afternoon like this..."

I chuckled. "Well... When you ask that way..." I said and jumped down from the table. I reached my - not-injured - hand to her which she gladly took.

Astrid grabbed her bag, slung it over her back, intertwined our finger and began walking towards the door.

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Planning The Night]