[Chapter 073] - Can I Stay Overnight?

[Hiccup's Point Of View]

......................................................................

I looked back at her again. "I... I was just wondering... That if you want, you could sleep here overnight... I mean you have all your stuff and clothes in your bag..." I suggested, scratching my neck nervously. "Only if you want, of course..."

This was something I wanted to ask her about since the time at the twins, but I never really got the right moment...

I saw a wide smile spread across Astrid's face as she heard my suggestion.

"I would love to!" She said excitedly. "But are you sure your dad is okay with that?..."

"Oh, he won't mind, he is busy... As long as we don't get noisy, he needs his sleep..." I chuckled.

Astrid was just laying on my pillow, looking at me with a smile.

I leaned forward and used my elbows to support me as I hovered a little above her body. I leaned in and placed two soft kisses on her lips before moving my mouth to her ear. "So, are you staying? You can have my bed... I can sleep on the floor if necessary..." I whispered but mumbled the last bit...

That earned me a punch on the shoulder from Astrid. "What are you talking about?!" She chuckled. "This bed is too big for one person. At least you can join me..."

I laughed and sat back up. "So, that's a 'yes'?"

Astrid smiled. "Yes... I'll ask my mom if it's okay..." She said and grabbed her phone again.

I just watched carefully as she was texting her parents. I tried my best to read her facial expression... I hope they will vouch for it...

...

Astrid stopped typing and started to read something. A small smile appeared on her lips as her eyes traveled around on her phone.

"What is it?" I asked. I was a little confused...

Astrid didn't answer she just turned her phone around and handed it o me. I grabbed it and looked at the screen. It was the chat with her mom, which I started to read:

[10:35 pm] Astrid: I'm at Hiccup's, don't worry

[10:36 pm] Mom: Why didn't you text me? I was being concerned about where you were. When are you planning on coming home?

[10:38 pm] Astrid: Can I stay here overnight? I got all my stuff in my bag

[10:38 pm] Astrid: Please mom!

[10:40 pm] Mom: Dad and I talked about it... We will allow it if you promise not to get late for school or cause any trouble.

[10:40 pm] Astrid: Thanks! And I promise. You have my word!:D

[10:41 pm] Mom: Wait! There is just one more thing!

[10:41 pm] Mom: NO! Inappropriate business between you two, okay?!

[10:41 pm] Astrid: Seriously mom?! It's just a sleepover...

[10:42 pm] Mom: I'm just saying! Don't!

[10:42 pm] Astrid: Yeah, yeah, don't worry:D See you tomorrow

[10:42 pm] Mom: See you tomorrow and remember to thank for having you staying:D

I looked up from the phone after reading the whole chat.

A wide smile made its way to my lips. "Amazing!!! I'll inform my dad, that you are stayin', okay?" I said. "You can take a shower if you want? Just make yourself comfortable..."

"Thanks, I think a shower would be good" she smiled.

Handing back her phone, I got up from the bed and headed to my door. But right before going out I turned around. "You need anything? Water? Food?"

Astrid chuckled and crawled out of my bed. "No, I think I'm all good" she grabbed her bag and went to my bathroom door. "See you in a bit"

I smiled as she closed the door. I turned around and went down the stairs to the living room.

...

As I entered, my dad was watching the news on the TV.

He must've heard me entering the living room, because he turned around, giving me a frown.

"Anything wrong, son?" He asked.

I shook my head and smiled. "Dad is it okay if Astrid stays overnight?... Her parents are okay with it..."

My dad raised a brow and shrugged. "I don't see a problem with that... Just make sure to get to bed in time, you have school tomorrow..."

"Thanks, dad!" I said and turned around, ready to exit the living room, but he interrupted me.

"Now, I want the house to be quiet! I'm heading to a tactical meeting tomorrow, and my brain doesn't work if I don't get any sleep" he said in a very serious voice.

...Yes, when I used to have friends over, they would usually be rather noisy, which had ruined my dad's sleep... Unluckily...

"Dad, I promise... Astrid is not noisy" I chuckled. My dad gave me a nod and continued to watch his news.

I sighed under my breath. I'm glad he didn't mention anything about 'inappropriate business' that would be sooo awkward...

I quietly made my way upstairs again. I had the feeling of excitement, running through my body.

...I mean, this would be our first official time, sleeping in the same bed...

I made it upstairs and went into my room. I could hear the water running, so Astrid must be showering now...

I went over to my mirror and looked at myself. I was looking rather messy after this, so I ran a hand through my hair.

After that, I went to my bed and straightened the sheet a bit. I grabbed the pillows and placed them at the back of my bed again.

I was going to make this bed extra comfortable since I now had a girl sleeping in it. I'll make sure Astrid would have a good night sleep...

Now I heard the water stop running. I grabbed my phone and sat down on the edge of my bed. I looked at all the notifications I got... There was a lot of them...

...Yep, I haven't used my phone really the last few days, due to me being busy and having fun...

...

After checking up on all the things I've missed, I heard the door lock, unlocking. The handle was twisted and the door opened, revealing Astrid with a towel around her hair.

She was wearing a pair of black shorts and my white - nearly see-through - T-shirt. She had a contented smile spread across her lips, but it quickly changed into a little pout.

She glared at me playfully and pointed at her neck, where I had left a little pink hickey. Shrugging, I smiled as innocently as I could.

"Sorry" I apologized.

"Don't worry, just don't give me anymore tonight... I don't wanna have a pair of suspicious parents" she chuckled. "Anyway, what did he say?" She asked, walking over and sitting down beside me while drying her hair with the towel.

I smiled. "It was okay with him," I answered and grabbed the towel from her. "Here, let me do it"

Astrid chuckled and turned her back to me, letting me dry her hair with the towel.

...I know I'm weird sometimes...

......................................................................

[- Next Chapter: In Love With Him]