[Chapter 016] - Planning Homework

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

It was today! Today where we should have fun. I had an easy schedule in school today. Only Math, Society class and German... Easy... - well for me...

And as an added bonus I also knew that Hiccup had Math class. We still had 6 pages of math to be done on Monday and I knew we - for good reasons - didn't have time to make them in the weekend.

I had no time to waste! I did my usual morning routine, ate my breakfast and went to school.

The sun was high up in the sky, but it was a bit cold so I had taken my warm jacket and beanie on. I was starting to like wearing a beanie... maybe because of a particular person.

I could still feel the cold wind rushing in under my jacket so I set my walking tempo slightly up. It probably didn't matter so much that I got to school a little early. Snotlout and Fishlegs would usually always be there early, maybe if I'm lucky they are there today.

I could see the school in front of me. It was so quiet at this time of the morning. I went inside and down to my locker, took my stuff and went to check the chairs in the hallways.

I went around a little until I could hear two familiar voices discussing her at the entrance to the school. And rightly, Snotlout and Fishlegs stood and had a strange conversation.
I went over to them and they saw me.

"Hey, Astrid what are you doing so early in the morning?" Fishlegs asked with a smile as I got closer.

"I just had a lot of time, so instead of boring me at home, I want to see if there were any here," I replied and sat down on a chair next to the boys.

They also sat down and we started talking about what was going to happen tonight. We were all excited and we were looking very much forward.

The time was flying as more and more students arrived at the school, and it didn't take long before the bell rang.

"See you, guys," I said, leaving them. I was supposed to have a Math class with Hiccup now. Oh, I hope he is here today. I want to see him.

I got into the classroom but there was no Hiccup to see. I got a little sad and sat down and took up my things.

But at the last minute, a student came rushing in through the door. It was Hiccup.

"Hey, sorry for being late... my alarm didn't work" he laughed and sat down beside me.

I sighed a sigh of relief and smiled at him. But I didn't even get to say "Hi" before our teacher entered the class

"Good morning, students, today you can continue with your assignments. They shall be solved and finished to on Monday," she said and sat down.

"We must get as much done as possible... you know we don't have time in the weekend" I whispered to Hiccup.

He nodded and we began to do our best to do as many calculations as possible. So now, it is time for the hard work...

...

...

"The class is over," our teacher said and left the class.

I sighed. We had currently 3 more pages to do. "What are we gonna do? We do not have the opportunity to finish in the weekend" I asked.

Hiccup he tapped his chin. "We could go home to me after school and continue together? We just have a little time before we meet with the others. And then you can also see my house... Only if you want ..." he said nervously.

I smiled. "Well, yes, we can do that. I can ask my mother if she wants to pack my things for me so I can get them on my way to the twins," I replied. I hadn't thought about that, it was a win-win situation.

Hiccup smiled back. "Deal, then," he said and began packing his stuff together. He was supposed to have another class now.

"Deal," I said as he left the classroom...

...

...

I had just locked my stuff inside my locker and was now heading out towards the school entrance. On the way out, I met Ruffnut, who came walking towards me. She really looked happy.

"Hey, Ast, ready for tonight?" she asked with a happy smile.

"Yes, but Hiccup and I just have to do some homework before, but we will be there as soon as we finish," I said and took my hands behind my back.

Ruffnut smirked. "Are you two together?" she whispered curiously

"Yes - I mean no, not that way, we just have some Math to make together" I laughed and blushed.

"Okay, okay" Ruffnut laughed.

But then she got a phone call from someone. "I really need to leave now, see you tonight," she said and waved to me.

"See you tonight," I said, waving back.

Now, I just had to find Hiccup. I went out of the school entrance and looked around for Hiccup. I couldn't spot him anywhere. I sat down and began to stare into the air.

How would the future look for me? What do I do when I graduate? Where should I live? What is my job going to be? My husband? Children?

...

I just sat and asked myself these questions until a nasal voice spoke my name.

"Astrid?"

I turned around and saw Hiccup, - handsome as always - standing there.

"There you were, I had almost searched the whole school to find you," he laughed and went down towards me.

"Yes, I'm not that easy to find," I joked and stood up.

"We're going this way," he said, pointing to a street to my left. He started walking down the stairs and I followed.

We walked side by side and talked all the way up the street...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Preparing For Tonight]