Chapter 4: Gamer Girl!

After homeroom, both Shota and (Y/n) walked with one another toward their next class, calculus, and sat down near the back of the class. However, when they neared the spot, they noticed that there was another individual sitting down that looked more than a bit preoccupied. When she looked over his shoulder, she noticed that he was playing a video game that she rather enjoyed.

"Hey is that (f/g)?" she asked, excitedly.

She didn't receive so much as a look from the brown-haired boy, making her more than a little upset. However, when she took a closer look at the boy, she noticed he was wearing green headphones that prevented him from hearing her. She decided to ignore the boy, walking past him when Shota lifted the headphones off of him, giving him a friendly smirk. The boy, in response, gave a dazed and slow reaction, turning his head around until he found the redhead looking at him disappointedly.

"She asked you a question," he said, non-threateningly.

"Hm?" the boy yawned, trying to grab back his headphones, "Who cares?"

This time, Shota did not direct him kindly to respond to her and instead, slapped the back of his head, making the boy react sluggishly. He closed his eyes and turned his eyebrows up in some kind of weak pained expression before rubbing where he had been hit. It seemed he was a little slow when it came to keeping up with the actions around him. The sight was almost amusing.

"That wasn't kind," the redhead simply stated, informing the brunette of his mistake.

Shota turned the boy's head for him, putting his path of vision right in front of the girl. When he saw her, he shrugged and turned back to his friend, wondering why he was putting up a big fuss about his typical uncaring attitude. It wasn't like he had interjected so pushingly before, and truth be told, it made the brunette's skin crawl.

"It's a girl," he said, confused, pointing at the unfamiliar female, "Does it have a name?"

"Yes," (Y/n) said, rather annoyed, sticking out her tongue, "I do, but I won't be giving you the pleasure of knowing it."

The boy paused, double-taking what she had said to him before he shrugged, uncaring of her answer and continued to place his headphones back over his ears, shutting out everybody else. He seemed to be pretty upset because he had lost his place in his game and couldn't get it back. His brows furrowed as he attempted. In the meantime, the girl sat down to the right of him, Shota sitting right next to her.

She became easily aggravated, twitching her eyebrow every now and then as she thought back on his attitude. When she finally snapped, she grabbed his game device and began to play on it herself, making him even angrier than before. He took off his headphones and prepared to yell at her before he realized that she was playing his game. This made him curiously look over her shoulder and stare down at the device.

"Wow," was all he managed to get out.

The girl, on the other hand, took this as a chance to get back at him and concentrated on the game, blocking him out. However, instead of being angry like she had wanted to be, she began to calm down, relaxing as she enjoyed her favorite hobby. There was a sense of relief that flowed through her as she realized that she was able to play her game. She had accepted the fact that she wouldn't get a moment of free time but she felt at peace.

Then, out of nowhere, a hand was placed on her shoulder and she looked to the side to see that same brunette. She put the game down after she finished with the level and looked at him, eager to hear what he had to say. It was a suspected apology. At least, so she hoped, but the look on the boy's face did not seem to support that theory.

"Tell me your name," he said, more as if he was demanding it.

The (h/c) haired girl scoffed and crossed her arms, looking away in disgust. The boy had no idea why he received that reaction. It had not happened before, making him put a finger to his mouth and tilt his head as he tried to wrap his mind around it. In order to show him what the issue was, he had to be told by his friend what he had done wrong.