Chapter 8: A Change In Plans

The girl began to walk through the halls to her next class, sitting down in her assigned seat and relaxing. She hadn't felt any better after her lonesome lunch and found herself feeling worse. Rei coming inside the classroom wasn't any better. He sat down on top of her desk and smiled cheerfully at her.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" he chuckled, "Say, you remember our date, right? If you could meet me in front of the school courtyard, that'd be great, 'kay?"

"Mhm," the girl sighed.

When he noticed her saddened expression, he felt angry that he didn't get a more positive response from her but exhaled, trying to push his emotions away. Then he sat down in the seat next to her and handed her an itinerary.

"I was so excited to spend the day with you, I couldn't sleep last night!" he cheered in glee, "This was what I was thinking of doing. Let me know if there's anything you'd rather do, alright?"

The girl looked at the schedule, seeing how he'd clearly put work into the day ahead of them. He'd planned to go to her favorite ice cream stand in the park, go to a nice dinner, and even go to her favorite amusement park. She gave him a short smile, telling him she appreciated the work he'd done for her. However, this did not satisfy him and when he was going to put the paper back in the bag, he tore it to shreds. He was like that for the rest of the period, although he tried to hide it. The class soon ended and the girl walked to her next class.

The class was lonely, considering no one she was friends with was there, but soon it was time for health. She found herself sitting with both Shota and Takuya who tried very hard to cheer her up. Takuya even tried drawing a little chibi drawing as she did for him when he was uncomfortable but she only gave him a pity smile. So after they tried a few more times to cheer her up, the rest of the class was spent in silence. Afterward, she went to the student council room.

"I'll be out for the day," she said, bowing to Narahashi in apology, "Rei had insisted I join him for the day."

"Not a problem!" he smiled, "I said I'd do all the work for you, remember? Have fun!"

She waved goodbye to the cheerful boy and went to the courtyard in front of the school where she had been told to meet Rei and sat down on a bench, waiting for him. Time had passed as she looked out at the streets. There were so many limousines and expensive cars coming to pick up the wealthy students and she began to feel lonelier than ever.

It was short lasted, though, as she was suddenly grabbed from behind and a blindfold was placed over her eyes, making her try to struggle against whoever had been trying to take her. Her arms were held behind her back and though she tried to kick, she'd only gotten one person who immediately after cursed loudly. Then she was thrown into a car and heard the door slam as a person slid beside her.

"Stay quiet and nothing will happen," a masculine voice threatened.

She considered all of her options and chose to sit silently and unmoving as the car began to start moving. There was some talking in the front seat and, expecting to be kidnapped, she listened eagerly, hoping for some information she could use to escape.

"Why're we taking her again?"

"You were told to."

"Yeah, but why?"

"If you can't accept that answer, then you shouldn't be in this line of work, Yusei. Would you like me to tell the master you questioned his orders? I could certainly make the arrangement, though he'd probably be pretty upset with you. So would the young master."

"Don't say it like that! We're friends. I just want to know why he sent me on this job when I'd usually hang out with him about now."

"Hopefully he finally got tired of you. Besides, this isn't out of the ordinary. You know that. He always has girls come over and we always pick them up."