Chapter 19: I Want To Kill You

"What's there to tell about him?" Yamato scoffed, "He's a happy-go-lucky guy. That's pretty much it."

"Then why's he always so distracted-looking?" (Y/n) asked, raising an eyebrow, "I swear he's going to run into the street one of these days like that."

"He loves photography. That's about it. He's just always on the lookout for something special. He usually grabs something beautiful, too. You should see his work. Not bad. Anyway, it's kind of my job to watch out for him. Him and Haru, really."

"Your job? Doesn't he have a caretaker like Shota and Takuya?" she said, continuing to play with his hair as he walked her to the classroom.

"What? Oh, uh, no. Not after the incident with one of them," he said, looking nervously at the sky.

The girl raised an eyebrow. He had said that there was nothing to tell about Akari but something about this "incident" made her skeptical of that claim. Sure, the others had been plenty friendly. At least, for the most part. However, Akari just wandered about, staying in kind of a background.

"Someone's hiding something," she mumbled.

"You're too curious for your own good," Yamato scoffed, "If you want to know things, go ask Shota. He's quiet about it, but he knows most of our secrets. Though, I doubt he'd be willing to open up about Akari. They, uh, don't really get along. I mean, I wouldn't say that, exactly, but it's close enough."

They walked a bit further before they had reached the school at which point they ran into a man in a uniform. He looked like he was part of the school staff, but at the same time, he looked more like a police officer than anything else. He looked at the two before looking down at a clipboard.

"I'm going to have to ask you to come with me," he said.

"Ugh," Yamato said, pretending to gag, "Yeah, right. I'm going about my merry little way so don't bother me."

"I have explicit orders to - "

"Cry me a river."

Yamato walked off, giving the man a glare before passing him, making sure to give him an aggressive nudge on the shoulder. The man grabbed his radio and watched the two leave, his gaze lingering on (Y/n)'s foot.

In the meantime, Yamato had already put her down on a chair inside of the nurse's room and directed the nurse to treat her injury. He sat down on a chair and yawned, looking very tired and bored as she began to treat the girl. It didn't take long for the nurse to properly treat her injury, but he tapped his foot impatiently nonetheless. The door was then slammed open, revealing a furious brunette to glare at the three of them, including the innocent nurse. He looked and her and gave a "tch" before pointing out of the office.

"Get. Out," he growled.

The nurse visibly tensed and bowed to him before scurrying out as quickly as she could, closing the door behind her. That left Haru to breathe heavily in anger as he tried to figure out what to do with both Yamato and (Y/n). He stalked over to the girl before gripping her foot, making her cry out in pain. A soft look then crossed his face as if he didn't expect such a reaction to occur, and he frowned apologetically. He then narrowed his eyes and turned to Yamato.

"I was just informed that (Y/n), who has been missing," Haru spit out, "was just found after I sent a hundred people to go looking for her! And guess what? She was found with a - and I quote - 'suspicious individual' with an injured foot! What on Earth happened?!"

Yamato crossed his arms over his chest and looking down, intimidatingly, at Haru who didn't let up on his judging glare. They had an argument that was purely silent. The only noise was the opening of the door, letting a few other nosey observers in. Takuya and Shota hugged the girl tightly upon seeing her figure.