Chapter 42: Panacea

(Y/n) had run to the other side of the city, finding herself getting so tired that she wanted nothing more than to sleep safely. Yet she began to pick up her pace as she saw the estate, ringing and ringing on the front gate. She looked behind her to ensure that no one was chasing after her constantly. There was a voice that responded to her ringing, making her jump slightly at the feedback as if it would give away her position.

"Hello, this is the Shiko estate. I'm afraid any and all meetings must be scheduled via Mr. Shiko's secretary. He'll take your name and number, but you won't be able to see him until after he recovers. Please have a good night."

"No, no, no, wait!" the girl begged, "I'm (Y/n) Shiratori and I really, really need Narahashi right now! Can you please get him?"

"I'm sorry, miss, I cannot wake him at this time. He has school tomorrow. Please come back in the afternoon. Sorry? Oh, of course, Mrs. Shiko."

The gate was then opened, allowing (Y/n) to run through them, feeling only a small relief at the fact that she had some kind of security responsible for her well-being. The front door was opened and Narahashi's mother gave a kind smile to the girl, inviting her inside. She made sure to escort her to her son's room, knocking gently as not to startle him.

As the door was opened, she saw a sleepy blue-haired boy rub his eyes and yawn loudly. She didn't give him any time to recognize her and rushed to him, hugging him tightly and sobbing. At this, Mrs. Shiko closed the door, a small smile of pride on her expression as she left them alone.

Narahashi, startled, began to hug the girl tightly, his heart racing from fear. He couldn't bear seeing her like that. It nearly broke his heart, but he did everything in his power to make her feel loved and comfortable. It helped, but it didn't cure the terror within her. She clutched onto his arm and refused to let go.

"What's wrong, (Y/n)?" he asked, softly, pulling her into his chest in a protective manner, "Where were you?"

"I...they...," she said, choking as the words came out of her mouth.

"Sh, sh, you don't need to answer," he said, trying to ease her worry, "I was just worried. Here, I'll go get you some water - "

The girl clutched further on his arm, begging him not to leave. A blush formed across his cheeks and he began to get progressively more bashful. He hugged her entire body, making sure that every part of her felt his protective embrace, leaving nothing out. His touch was soothing, allowing her to drift off to sleep soon after.

While he wasn't particularly comfortable sleeping in the same bed with her, it wasn't because he had disgust for her. It was more that he had strong affections for her, not wanting her to wake up and think he'd taken advantage of her. Not to mention that his brothers would never let him live it down and would tease him constantly.

So he covered the girl with the blanket, tucking her in to make sure she was warm and comfortable before laying down on the floor with nothing but a pillow. He was still blushing from sleeping in the same room as her, but it was more of a happy tint than anything else. Her presence didn't let him get any sleep as he was far too worried she'd wake up and begin crying again.

When the sun rose, he began to get ready for the day early so he could have as much time talking to (Y/n) as possible. As her eyes began to flicker, notifying that she was about to wake up, he sat on the bed beside her and held onto her hand to tell her she wasn't alone. She opened her (e/c) eyes to the boy, turning her head. As her gaze landed on him, the corner of her eyes teared up.

"Good morning, (Y/n)," the boy said, moving a stray hair in front of her eyes to behind her ear, "Would you like breakfast? I'm not the best cook, but - "