Chapter 29: Beg Me

(Y/n) trembled as Rei pressed the blade against her leg, knowing that it would draw blood if he put any more pressure on it. It terrified her and she winced, closing her eyes and waiting for the pain of the cut. As the cut never came, she opened her eyes to see Shota clutching onto Rei's wrist so tightly that he dropped the knife.

"Ow, ow, ow!" Rei whined.

"Imbecile!" Shota growled, picking up the knife and throwing it halfway across the room.

He began to scold Rei for daring to do such an idiotic thing, but the blonde wasn't listening very well. His attention was more on whether or not he'd succeeded in splitting apart her skin and awaited the crimson liquid to run down her leg, enticing him further. It never came, making him frustrated in more than one way.

"Are you listening, you deaf idiot?!" the red-head shouted, flicking his head, "What on Earth was going through your dull mind?!"

"Like you didn't want to do the same," Rei pouted, smacking the male's fingers away from himself.

"No one in their right mind would want to do something so deranged! No one except for you, anyway. Just get lost, already. Insane freak."

"It's my estate! If you don't like it, leave!"

Shota raised an eyebrow, not pleased with the statement and took (Y/n)'s hand, making her more than a bit scared of him. With his stunt, she grew more suspicious about his involvement in the journal she had found. He seemed to fit a lot of the same things the author did and it scared her.

"Fine, but I'm taking (Y/n) with me," he stated.

Upon hearing that, the girl began to get incredibly worried about what he was planning. Was he trying to get her alone to then kidnap her? She tensed as her mind landed on that thought and pulled her wrist back in fear. In response, Shota frowned sadly, slightly upset that she didn't enjoy his touch as he enjoyed hers. However, he quickly composed himself and cleared his throat with a cough, straightening his posture.

"Very well," he said, feeling dread over his reputation in the girl's eyes, "I guess we're staying."

Rei crossed his arms over his chest, pouting from the news. He couldn't have cared less if Shota had left. In fact, he preferred it that way over him staying. The thing was that hearing the girl may possibly leave made him more than a bit upset. He didn't feel remorse for what he had attempted to do and even seemed proud of it. Of course, it would've been better if he had gotten what he tried to do, but he didn't expect it to work.

"Preferences for dinner?" he simply mumbled.

"Tempura," Yamato said, "Shrimp and crab."

"Shut up," Rei growled, "You know full well I'm not making that for you."

The girl became easily interested in the conversation, poking her head up from the couch and resting her eyes on the blonde. As she did, he felt her eyes on him and became to get more motivated to cook. He didn't quite understand her curious and slightly prying eyes, but he wanted to know more about why she looked at him like that. It was almost like an innocent bunny looking around for a carrot to munch on. He smiled at the thought.

"Why not?" she peeped, "Do you not like seafood?"

"I'm a vegetarian," he grinned, hoping to impress her with the news, "For over ten years."

"More like less than ten minutes," Haru said, pretending to cough out the words, "Besides, only one-third of you is. You can't claim to have not eaten meat in 10 years when I saw you eat steak just the other day."

"Leave it be," Shota sighed, massaging his temple, feeling an oncoming headache come from the spontaneous arguments, "He's in his sadistic state right now. If you don't want to be cut, I'd keep your mouth shut."