Chapter 22: I Want To Know You

The boy couldn't believe his ears. (Y/n) had just asked him to properly introduce himself to her. He didn't know what to say or how to say it and began to panic once more, trying his best to compose himself. He coughed and pounded on his chest until his shock wore off. Then he sat up straight and made direct eye contact with the girl.

"Why would you want to get to know me?" he asked, slightly hopeful for a particular answer.

"I'm pretty familiar with the others, but you're a tempting mystery," she teased.

Using the word "tempting", she made a shiver go up the boy's spine as a smile spread across his face. He let out a shaky sigh and hugged himself, trying to calm himself down. He repeated the word she had said under his breath and let out a quiet whimper.

"A mystery, am I?" he asked quietly, "What would you like to know, go - (Y-Y/n)?"

She raised her eyebrows, pondering what word he was about to say before he cut himself off, but she didn't press the matter, figuring he just mixed up her name with someone else's. He didn't know her that well, after all.

"Well, um, what do you like to do for fun?" she asked, "Besides photography, anyway."

"I love stargazing!" he said, excitedly.

Upon saying that, he placed his hands on the table, standing up and watching the girl with extreme interest. His eyes were glistening as with the hope within him. She giggled upon seeing his reaction and nodded.

"I quite like it myself," she grinned, "I remember I used to do it when I was little."

"You do?!" Akari said excitedly, "I don't know anyone else who does! Let's go sometime!"

"Sure thing," (Y/n) laughed, "Tell me a little bit more about yourself. Like, what does your family do?"

The boy's excitement faded in an instant, leaving his eyes kind of dead as he sat down. He looked at the ground and scoffed before smiling again. It was a soft smile, and strangely enough, it wasn't fake. Haru held the same expression, his eyes darting to the side as he gave a small growl, hiding his face from others, especially (Y/n).

"We do a few different things," he stated, "My family owns several large magazine corporations and we also do management for some of our top models and some celebrities. And my mother has a very successful fashion career."

"Wow," (Y/n) said, a little uncomfortable, "I guess you're all pretty big shots, huh?"

"Oh, yeah!" Rei said, happily, raising his hand, "My father's side of the family deals in service industries and banks! Am I impressive, too?!"

"Yes, of course, of course," she said, putting her hands up in defense, "I'm just a little shocked is all. You're all so wealthy. I feel a little out of place."

"No, (Y/n)!" Akari shouted, his eyebrows upturned in concern, "Please don't feel uncomfortable. You've become the person you are because of your status in life. I mean, a lot of people are ugly when they're exposed to our lives. The girls at our school are proof enough."

"That's sweet of you to comfort me," she said, "I really appreciate it."

The boy blushed, hearing her words of affirmation and shrunk into his chair, trying to be as small as possible. He felt her gaze on him and it made him feel hot with every second that passed. It was almost uncomfortable for the boy if it weren't for the sense of security that came with it. It was a pleasurable warmth that he'd never experienced before.

"N-No problem," he chuckled.

"Now that you're done, let's play!" Haru said, standing and throwing his hands up, "You can come over to my house! Bastien will love seeing you again!"