Chapter 76: Cookies And Stars

(Y/n) had taken it upon herself to indulge in a small break from the males of the household. She occupied herself with her puzzle in her room for nearly an hour, listening to her favorite music and enjoying the private time she was able to have. After the hour had ceased, the door made a buzzing noise, signaling it was then unlocked and Rei shot through the door so quickly one would have sworn he was waiting for it.

"Cupcake!" the blonde grinned from ear to ear, "I've been waiting so long to see you again! I know it was just an hour, but I couldn't bear it! Hey, I know dinner isn't for a few hours, but I made some sugar cookies. Do you want to decorate them with me? I've got all kinds of icing colors."

"That doesn't sound too bad, I guess," (Y/n) shrugged, following the excited blonde downstairs.

The rest of the males except for Haru and Yusei were gathered around the table, much to Rei's disappointment. He had hoped to enjoy the activity with the girl alone, but it wasn't to be. He let out a little grumble before he saw Yamato munching on some of the cookies. Immediately, the blonde pried them out of the brunette's hands, earning a few curses from him. (Y/n) sat between Akari and Takuya, figuring it was the safest place to be and looked over the cookies before her.

There were all kinds of them from simple shapes to animals and chibi people. The girl, finding a small kitten quite adorable, picked it up and set it on the plate, beginning to look over the almost infinite colors of icing. When she decided on the colors she wanted to use, she set to work, the others taking that as a sign to start as well. While Rei put his all into ensuring the cookies he decorated were flawless, Yamato only slathered on an excessive amount of sugary icing and devoured the cookies without a second thought.

Every now and then, the girl would hear a grumble coming from Shota, who was less than pleased with his decorating skills. No matter how long he spent on one cookie, he always ended up wiping the icing off and starting again. Meanwhile, whenever Rei would finish a cookie, the redhead would scowl at it and begin to work harder. Though he always ended up scratching the cookie after wiping the icing off multiple times, Yamato didn't mind, eating it regardless of if it looked appetizing or not.

"(Y/n), look!" Rei said, holding up a bunny cookie, perfectly frosted, "Isn't it cute?"

The girl looked closer at the delicacy, seeing the pastel colors of the tan rabbit with blushing cheeks and the cutest nose. All of the details he'd made on the cookie seemed professional and Shota only grumbled further as he saw it. Although Takuya was very invested in the adorable sweet and tried to offer him one of his in exchange for it, he was only shot down, making the white-haired boy sigh and try to make a cute cookie of his own.

"It is cute, isn't it?" (Y/n) smiled, making the rest of the males work harder to receive the same recognition.

"Do you want it?" Rei asked, blushing from the girl's reaction, "I'll gladly trade you for one of yours."

The girl, delighted by the offer, handed him her first kitten cookie, making him snatch it quickly and hold it as if it were a precious treasure. He then handed her the bunny cookie, uncaring of what was to become of it, in favor of the girl's handiwork. It wasn't as good as his was by any means, but the fact that it was made by her own hands was enough for him to enjoy it wholeheartedly.

Takuya began to scribble furiously with an edible marker and began icing his cookie with far more vigor than before. As he held it up, the cookie resembled the (h/c) female with the same colored hair and (e/c) colored pupils. He had attempted to place frilly details on the pink dress that cookie had, but was largely unsuccessful, the details looking more akin to a white icing plague.

"Will you trade me too?" the white-haired boy asked, his hands shaking out of fear for rejection, "I know it's not very good, but I really want one of your cookies!"