Chapter 5: Opening Up

After (Y/n) had stormed away, she went inside the student council room and sat down, furiously completing her work. While he didn't blame the guy for not wanting her to be there, he didn't have to be so rude. In the midst of her working, she didn't notice someone come in. He had a shy smile on his face and rubbed the back of his hair, trying to attract her attention. When he was still unnoticed, he walked behind her and scared the heck out of her.

"Ah!" the girl screamed, "Narahashi!"

"Hahaha," the student president laughed, "Sorry! But you didn't see me! I had to make you, (Y/n)."

He began to tickle her, making her laugh loudly and wiggle around to get him to stop. It wasn't that she minded, but tickling, in her opinion, it was the cruelest form of torture possible. When he finally stopped, she took a deep breath, exhaling as she calmed down. He sat down next to her, looking over the paperwork.

"Is that all from today?" he asked, feeling a little guilty.

"Yep," she sighed, handing him a stack of paper, "Since you're here, you can help me out, Mr. President."

"Yeah," he chuckled, looking away for a second, "Sure thing."

The two of them sat together, working through the papers as best as they could. Since he wasn't the best council member, he continued to ask questions about what he was supposed to do. She helped him as best as she could, chuckling at his embarrassed expression. He blushed further when she laughed.

Little did they know that Shota had been watching them for a while and was growling angrily from what he saw. He stormed back to his friends, telling them the news. Most of them didn't take it well.

"You know," Narahashi said, tapping his fingers on the table, avoiding eye contact, "I think you're pretty smart, (Y/n), and I wanted to know...I mean...we've known each other for a while...and..."

It was true that you'd known Narahashi for quite some time. In fact, you first met in elementary school when he got his finger stuck in a pipe near the school's entrance. It took an hour to get him out of it but after that, you became fast friends. He was the fifth son of a great politician and was pretty kind to most people he'd met, including people who hated him.

"Well, I just wanted to ask - "

"Hey, hey!" Rei said, bursting through the doors, "I just wanted to know when we should schedule our date! I was thinking maybe tomorrow or the day after that? I want to make it incredible for you!"

Narahashi frowned and chuckled nervously, looking down in defeat. Rei, on the other hand, was incredibly ecstatic from his expression, throwing his arm around the girl's shoulder before hugging her and nuzzling into her hair. He hadn't realized it and didn't want to, but he thought she smelled pretty nice.

"You...uh...have a boyfriend?" Narahashi asked, slowly drawing a doodle on one of the papers he was supposed to complete.

"Hardly," (Y/n) chuckled, "He kind of pushed me into it so I finally said yes. But I told you, Rei, it is not a date."

The accused boy faltered, a scowl spreading across his cheeks before correcting it, putting on a friendly smile again. His friends, peeking through the door, encouraged him silently, hoping that he would succeed in drawing the student president away from the female. He grinned, a sadistic thought coming into his mind.

"Aw, but, darling, who do you think is more handsome?" he asked, "Me - "

Without him knowing, he angered Shota who corrected him under his breath saying a faint 'myself' before continuing to root for him.