Chapter 6: Sneak Peak

As (Y/n) was at home, completing her homework and playing video games, the males were at their homes. Most of them had her on their minds and no matter what they did, they couldn't get her out. Not that they wanted to. At least, most of them didn't want her out. One of them was struggling with her existence.

"Haru, I'll be out of town for a while," an older voice said, "You'll be here with your caretaker, alright? Of course, you could come with me if you'd like."

"I'm good, dad," Haru sighed, "but I'd love to go another week. Is mère going to stay home?"

"That's up to her," his father said, "Just don't cause any trouble for her. You know how ill she's getting."

"Yeah," he said dejectedly, "Have fun, dad."

His father left a carefully wrapped present at the end of his son's bed and gave him a sad smile. His son, in response, gave his father a sad hug. His father gave him an appreciative smile as he turned to open the door.

"Before I go, please remember to visit your mother."

Then with that, he left, leaving his son to play on his device with a loneliness plastered in his heart.

. . .

Shota was doing much better than his companion, sitting down and studying by himself while his little sister ran around him, chanting his name as if it was a magical spell. He smiled softly, patting her head every time she ran around him.

"Sho-ta!" she giggled, "I want to pl-ay!"

"I can't, Nami," her big brother said, "I have to finish what I'm working on."

"What are you working on?!" she sang.

He paused, trying to figure out the best way to explain his work to the girl. However, he couldn't and settled with a half-truth.

"Just doing a little information gathering on an acquaintance from school," he said.

"He's handsome," Nami chuckled.

"You think so?" Shota asked, narrowing his eyes.

"And who's that?!" his sister asked, climbing onto his lap and picking up a picture.

It was of a familiar (h/c) girl smiling happily as she stared up at the sky. She sat on a water fountain's edge, kicking her legs happily. While she wasn't 16 as she was and instead looked around 8 or younger. Her hair was in pigtails as her chubby cheeks were blushing brightly as a young girl usually does.

"(Y/n)," Shota said, a feeling of affection covering his entire expression, "Isn't she lovely?"

"Mhm! She is my age! We should be friends!"

"No, this is her when she was younger."

"Did you know her when she was younger, Sho?"

"No," he confessed, "I had Akari do me a favor. I don't know how...but he managed to get this photo from somewhere. Huh...Who knew he was so good at digging up information. He mostly seems dazed and distracted."

"I wanna meet her!" Nami chanted, "I wanna meet her!"

" 'Wanna' is not a word but since you're little, I'll let it slide. Anyway, I'm sure you'll meet her soon. I plan to invite her over sometime."

. . .

"Dumbass!" Yamato yelled, punching some random person.

The guy was flung back by the sheer force of the blow and clutched at his stomach, coughing up blood. This was not unusual for Yamato to do to another and in fact, quite enjoyed it. There were more than 5 guys laying on the floor from his little fistfight.