Chapter 53: Conflicting Emotions

The blonde looked shyly into the door and clutched at the door, almost shielding himself from the others' gazes. He seemed much different than his typical self, but it didn't have the same aura as his masked self or his other self. The one he had on at that point seemed much more bashful and antisocial than the others. In fact, he seemed more like Takuya; sweet, but shy. She wondered how this new personality of his came to be.

"Um, I...I don't mean to bother you, but...I could really use some help cooking," he said, shying further behind the door, "If it's not troublesome...I mean."

"What are you doing?" Yamato scoffed, not buying his "act".

"I'm sorry," the boy said, "I'm interrupting something, aren't I?"

The girl shook her head and pointed to the dogs, letting him know they were just goofing around with the animals. He hid behind the door completely when he saw her gentle explanation and attempted to vanish from sight. Though, he knew she was aware of his lingering presence and made her way to the door to peek around the corner. He blushed brightly and jumped back, drawing a circle on the wall with his finger.

"Sorry," he said, bashfully.

"Oh, no need," she said, tilting her head at his peculiar actions, "I can help you with cooking, I guess. Is there anything, in particular, you wanted me to do?"

He nodded and began to walk off, sometimes looking back to see if she was still following him. Yamato decided to follow as well, the dogs scampering behind him. He remained in the living room, just across from the kitchen, attempting to train the girl's husky. In the meantime, Rei led (Y/n) to the oven and pointed to a cutting board with vegetables on the side of it, washed and ready to be cut.

"If you don't mind," he paused, looking nervously away, "could you dice them?"

She nodded and began to peel the potatoes as the blonde worked on something else on the stove, being completely silent. He had turned on some kind of music coming from the speakers behind Yamato, playing calming classical music. (Y/n) gave a large sigh. She was already opening to the crazed males and now she was even doing chores to help them out. While it was in her nature, it wasn't though she enjoyed being treated like a prisoner because of it.

"Ouch!" the blonde screeched, taking a step back from the stove and clutching at his finger, placing it in his mouth to calm the burn.

"Here," she said, handing him an ice pack, "Be careful."

The boy blushed and threw his arms around her, seemingly turning back into his typical self. He picked her up in his arms and spun her around with great joy. He held her up, over his head, giving her a loving and adoring grin as if he was proud of her. Then he tugged her close to her, resting his hands on her hips. He looked down at them, his smirk widening until he crouched down and kissed one of them, making her back up in surprise.

"Sorry, couldn't resist, cupcake!" he chuckled, sticking out his tongue and shrugging playfully, "Why don't I help you cut those vegetables?"

He grabbed the knife and placed it in her hands, carefully standing behind her. He moved his hands with hers, cutting the vegetables as he showed her how to dice them. She already knew how to cut them, of course, but he rather enjoyed partaking in his favorite hobby with the girl he so loved. In fact, he almost enjoyed it a bit too much, the proximity of the girl to him becoming more present to him as he greedily pressed his body against hers.

While he'd attempted to do it without her noticing, hoping that she would be more likely to accept it if it was slowly enforced on her, she didn't seem to accept it any better. When he became too close to her, she backed into him, making him let out a large groan as she elbowed him in the stomach harshly. He backed up, clutching at it, but didn't seem to be thrilled at being harmed by her, even if he knew he deserved it.