Chapter 10: Let's Begin, Shall We?

After Akari and (Y/n) had their time together, they walked back to the group, sitting down at their usual table. The girl sat down and immediately after, the boys argued over who would sit next to her. The ones that ended up getting to be next to her were Yamato and Shota since they were more muscular than the others.

"Darn it, I wasn't able to make lunch today," the girl sighed, talking to herself, "I guess I'll have to wait. The cafeteria is way too expensive for me."

"You can share with me!" Shota exclaimed.

"No, I have the best snacks!" Haru argued.

"It's my fault I didn't tell the guys to make lunch," Yamato scoffed, "I'll buy us both something if you want."

The girl widened her eyes, not anticipating anyone to reply. The boys all looked at her in response for her answer but she only sat there, not knowing whose offer to take or if she should take up anyone's.

"I'll share," Takuya said, "I have too much anyway."

The table went silent. All he had in front of him was an apple and water which contradicted his statement. Shota sighed and rubbed his temple in annoyance. The others only looked at him with pity. The boy was starving, anyone could see that. He was entirely too skinny for his own good. The girl, not understanding everyone's reactions, stood up and walked over to him, seeing his body.

"What happened?" she asked, kneeling down to him.

"His mother always does things like this," Haru said, sadly, "She's a witch, really. Puts on a nice face when we're around to retain favor with our families then starves him behind our backs."

"I could tell..." she said, reaching out for the male's shirt and pulling it down, "I meant...what happened here?"

Under the boy's shirt was a bandage, almost soaked in blood. She gave him a sad look and waited for an answer. He only looked away in shame. Yamato, clearly the "mother" of the group, tugged on Takuya's collar.

"Why didn't you tell us?" he growled.

"I would have gotten in trouble," he said softly.

"Takuya," (Y/n) said, trying not to touch him, "Please let us help you. For starters, I'd like to clean that wound. It hasn't been taken very good care of."

Upon hearing the female's pleading voice, he nodded and followed her to the nurse's office. The others joined as well, wanting to do anything to help their mistreated companion. As they entered the office, they noticed a woman bow to them and Takuya stepped back, behind (Y/n) in fear.

"Can I help you with something?" she asked.

"If we could treat him ourselves, that would be preferable. He doesn't like being touched by girls," the girl explained.

"That'd be perfectly fine," she nodded, "If you need me, I'll be right outside, alright?"

"Thank you for the understanding," the girl bowed.

They were then left alone in the room and Takuya was sat on the bed, his back facing the others as he took off his shirt, clutching around himself to try and hide his figure. Shota shook his head and grabbed his hands, putting them by the boy's sides, making him show them everything. Wrapped around his back, there were bloody bandages poorly tied on. He had most likely done them himself.

"So...," Yamato started, "How do we...do this?"

The others shrugged. Even Shota didn't know. The girl clutched her arm and decided to take the initiative. She leaned down to Takuya and began to talk cautiously to him, trying not to shock him much.