Chapter 23: Early Morning Coffee

The girl had gone to sleep early, collapsing from the exhaustion of the day. She was supposed to wake up at 6:30 to get everything ready for the day. However, she was greeted with an obnoxious ringing coming from her right-hand side.

She jumped in surprise and woke up, tumbling out of her bed to see her phone vibrating annoyingly. She picked it up and stared at it, the light screen blinding her. A yawn came from her as she read who was calling her then she clicked the button and heard a delighted voice speak to her.

"(Y/n)!" Haru giggled, "C'mon, c'mon! Come outside, quick!"

"It's...so...early," she said, sleepily.

"That's what makes it great! Yamato and Shota hate the morning! So we can hang out with one another without - H-Hey! Give that back! Aller se faire cuire un œuf!"

There was a scraping noise from the phone and then the girl heard Haru shouting in the background. The girl could have guessed right off the bat what had happened, considering her experience with the males.

"(Y/n)!" Rei chuckled, "(Y/n)! This is your number right? Please tell me it is!"

"Uhuh," she yawned.

"Whoohoo!" he cheered, "Hey, let's get coffee or something before school starts, yeah? I'll pay and everything. All you have to do is join us! And don't tell the others about it, okay? Takuya's coming too, so meet us at Kure's Tea Shop down the street from your house. If you don't come, I'll come fetch you myself~ Bye!"

The girl threw her phone on her bed in annoyance and laid on the floor, looking up at the ceiling. She couldn't believe it. The (h/c) haired girl became so tired that she couldn't focus on the work ahead of her. Instead, she just sighed in frustration and fell back asleep on the couch. Before she knew it, she was fast asleep again and relished in the sweet dreams she had if only for a moment.

For it was only a moment of sleep that she got, woken up as soon as she dazed off by a very happy blonde. She rubbed her eyes, thinking she was imagining it. He'd told her that he'd come to get her if she didn't show, right? But it was only two minutes since she'd received his message to her.

The boy began to snuggle her, rubbing his cheek up against her while repeatedly chanting her name in a sweet-laced tone. As she came more to it, she noticed that there was something at her feet. It looked like a wrapped box. When he noticed her looking at it, he grabbed it and shoved it into her, eagerly crossing his legs, awaiting her reaction.

"Open it!" he cheered, biting his lip.

She raised her eyebrows, tilting her head, but this only made him feel more excited for her opening it. As she grabbed one of the ribbons, she pulled it slowly, making him watch in fascination.

"Is something wrong?" she asked, smirking slightly.

"It's just amazing!" he laughed, "Do more! It's magnificent!"

She shook her head to get his strange thoughts out of her head. After all, she was just opening a present like any normal person would do. As she opened it further, he became more and more excited. And when she finally noticed the gift, he started hopping around, closely watching her reaction.

She took a rectangular-shaped book that was labeled 'Delicious Desserts' as well as a pink apron with bunny rabbits over it. She raised an eyebrow, thinking that he had some kind of gender stereotype for her.

"I know what you're thinking," he started, "but I wanted to cook together! See, I really like cooking and I wanted to learn a few desserts so I figured I could do it with you! All you have to do is come over to my house!"