Chapter 49: An Ill Boy

I knew whichever way I wanted to go about this, I had to be smart. It was so irritating to wait, but it was the only way I would get what I wanted. I watched as my cupcake hid behind Akari. He seemed to be awfully proud of himself for having her come to his aid. He didn't seem to understand her reasoning behind it, more so blinded by his adorations for her. He neglected she only used him as a shield because she assumed I wouldn't have hurt him. She couldn't have been more wrong.

All I wanted to do is wring my "best friend's" throat with my bare hands and make him cry out in pain before the lights in his eyes go out. I will admit, the thought had me laughing to myself, something that didn't seem to sit well with (Y/n). She hid further behind him and I could feel my pulse escalating.

I figured to fix this, I could continue to show her around the estate. I had hoped that bringing her to this room would let me show off my skills, but it seemed that she was reluctant to accept me. So what else would I be able to do? I'm sure mother would like to meet her. Perhaps I can introduce the two? No, that wouldn't be right. Kazuki and Ichiro are probably already here and I don't want them looking at her.

It's enough that I have to deal with the others, but I don't want my brothers getting anywhere near her. Knowing Kazuki, he'd probably kill her just to see me suffer and Ichiro would just toy with her. They're such hypocrites. Well, I know enough about (Y/n) to know that she'd probably like to see the garden. Akari had mentioned something about that, hadn't he? He must have.

I grabbed (Y/n)'s wrist as I pushed Akari aside. It was such a blissful feeling. Her skin was so soft and perfect that I wanted to hold it forever. Such a delicate girl, really. It was astonishing the effect she had on me, but I wasn't complaining. I quite liked the feel of our skin touching. It even made me blush. Though as the others followed, I couldn't help but frown. Why couldn't they just leave us be?

My desire for her was only growing at that point and having them around was only adding to that fire. I'd been having such a difficult time trying to keep my want for her under control. But I was slowly losing a grasp on it and I needed her body. She wasn't like the others. She had already filled me with purpose and I wanted to return the favor by doing what I knew how to do best. I just needed to get her alone. Just some time to tell her. With any luck, she might seek me out for information about myself. What I wouldn't give for that.

. . .

It wasn't long before (Y/n) was shown to the vast garden in the back of the estate. It was quite vast, stretching for at least an acre or two. Her eyes lit up as she saw rare and beautiful flowers she'd never gotten to see in person. She kneeled down near the roses, finding colors ranging from red to violet and even some in almost rainbow colors, multiple pigments in one flower, making its petals truly something to marvel at.

"Like them?" Rei asked, picking a rose petal from one of the flowers and pressing it to his lips, "Mother has a taste for flora. This garden is always getting bigger."

"Amazing," the girl said, talking to herself.

"Yes," Rei agreed, although he hadn't believed the garden was as amazing as she was, "It's a nice place to come and relax, isn't it? It's even more beautiful when the stars come out."

Unknowingly, the blonde had just sent Akari into a mental breakdown. He began to grasp at his hair and crouched to the ground, muttering to himself in a deranged way. The tears in his eyes began to flow down his cheek and onto the ground. Unwilling to lose this one-sided battle, he gripped onto the girl and refused to let her go. The way he was positioned prevented Rei from making eye contact with her which was exactly the point.

"No," Akari repeated, clutching tighter onto the girl with every word he uttered, "He can't...He can't have you."

With that statement, he gripped onto her wrist and pulled her with him as he ran back into the estate. Before she knew it, she was thrown into a room she'd never been in and was pushed down onto a bed. The blonde had locked the door, making sure no one could come in without his permission. He gave (Y/n) a remorseful and guilty look before crying further even if he did attempt to hide them.