Chapter 36: True Natures

The boy holding the knife to his heart began to look down at the girl with his yellow-greenish eyes. They were trembling and looked on the verge of tears, yet they never came. Only the heaving of his chest could be an indication of what he felt at that moment. It seemed as though he was putting on a brave face, but it was clear he was falling apart.

(Y/n) fumbled with the knife, backing up and holding it in front of her, silently telling the male that if he came closer, she would cut him. A deranged smirk spread from one cheek to the other as he approached her, crawling on hands and knees. She pushed the knife out, making sure he understood her threat was very real. Yet, he seemed to almost laugh at the gesture, giving a bittersweet sigh before coming face to face with the female.

"You wouldn't dare," Akari purred, "I know you, (Y/n). We both know you'd never hurt me."

They were so close that she could hear his heartbeat beating more rapidly than she thought was possible. She had frozen up for a second before using one of her hands to hold the knife and cut his cheek, warning him one last time. Blood flowed down his pale cheek.

The boy paused, his eyes stopping completely as he hesitantly took his hand and touched it to where she'd attacked him. As he felt the warmness of the liquid, his eyes widened yet again and moved his hand to see the ruby substance dripping off of it. The girl felt a strange sense of confidence come over her and put the knife to his throat, kicking him back.

He stayed where he had been kicked back to and contemplated silently how the situation came to be, rethinking it over and over again. The girl, seeing the opportunity to run away from him, stood up and began to sprint before her hand was caught. She had expected the knife to be taken from her, yet that wasn't the case.

Akari began to caress it, his eyes fixated on the blade before trailing up to the girl's (e/c) pupils, feeling full of desire. He tackled her and sat on top of her, pressing the blade to his neck and looking down at her with hope.

"Cut me!" he shouted, a maddened laugh accompanying the request, "Cut me! Torture me! Kill me! Do it, goddess, I beg of you! Treat me like nothing but dirt under your feet! Make my blood spill and make me beg you to end it all!"

He whimpered and whimpered, his eyes begging her to hurt him. He panted heavily, his chest going up and down as he stared down at the (h/c) female whose eyes were obviously full of terror. When his expression turned to one of pure disappointment and leaned down to her neck, the girl flinched, expecting him to hurt her instead.

Akari caught his breath in his throat, sounding more like he had choked than anything else. His eyes shook with the same terror in (Y/n)'s gaze and he began to kiss her neck softly as he placed her hands above her head. When she didn't give him the reaction he wanted, he began to kiss slightly harder and much faster.

"Please," he begged, "I learned this just for you! I've never done this with anyone, but I've studied just so I could make you feel good! Tell me what you want and I'll do it! I'll - "

(Y/n) pushed him off of her, grabbing the knife and backing up against the wall. The girl began to sob lightly, her fear only escalating. Seeing that frightened look in her (e/c) eyes, Akari frowned before an excited look appeared on his distraught face and he ran to one of his clothing drawers, digging around before pulling out a binder. It was a dark purple color and he looked at it with pride.

As he opened it, (Y/n)'s eyes shrank further, making another yelp of fear escaped her lips. The binder was full of bullets, going all the way up to number '44', all covered with dried blood and the names of the victims written below it. She noticed the name Ruri Akutagawa and realized that Narahashi was right.