Chapter 54: Don't Worry

Akari handed (Y/n) the purple journal labeled '23', keeping the other tightly to his chest. He sat on the bed beside the girl, watching as she opened the journal, her eyes landing on the first page. He didn't know what he expected her reaction to be, but he was pained as she winced at the writing. He turned his head to the side, trying to stop emotions from showing his discontent and grief.

Her expression was so full of confusion and disgust that she shook her head, thinking that she had misread the page. Yet she didn't read it incorrectly, only making her more repulsed by the writing on the page. Unlike the other journals where there were pictures of her and sometimes explanations, there were no such things. Instead, the journal had written on it pure words, no pictures in sight.

The first half of the book was detailed descriptions of (Y/n)'s preferences and favorite things. There wasn't a single fact incorrect, most of it going past her knowledge of her own tastes. Yet as she thought about it, he was absolutely correct. He had a better understanding of her than she did herself, even delving into the psychology of why she preferred one thing but not another. It went on for pages, accurately describing everything.

The second half of the book was much different than the first. This one was not about her alone, but about him as well. There were detailed descriptions of his firm desire for her and how he would be able to acquire her. Plans to get her back. She read one of the entries, understanding how deep his want for her went.

Mother and Father said that we wouldn't be moving back any time soon. They said that in a few years they would send me to Jindai Private High School with Rei to start my future in photography. I did some research and it turns out that (Y/n) is going to Keisetsu Private High School. So, all I would need to do is make sure that Jindai gets shut down so I can transfer. I bet Yamato would cause a huge ruckus if I pushed him to it. All I'll need to make him think others are getting to me. He'll likely kill someone because of his protective instincts. Then we'll move to Keisetsu and I'll finally get to see (Y/n) again! It'll take a few years, but it's the best I have for now! As long as I get to see her, it'll all be worth it.

The boy seemed to be obsessed with the idea. The next few pages went on about the schemes he would conduct once he saw her, but almost none of them came to fruition. The only thing that had come true was him taking her out to the forest to his "secret spot" just outside of the school. (Y/n) had pieced together why that was quite easily, able to deduct the reasoning behind it. He had left out the actions his companions would take towards her, making it difficult to do much of anything with them around.

"You didn't think they would care about me," the girl mumbled, "but they're just like you."

"Don't lump me in with them," he said, dejectedly, "They don't know you like I do. I know everything there is to know about you."

Upon seeing the expression (Y/n) threw at him for denying his insanity, he flinched and turned away. He felt himself curl up and laid down on the bed, trying to stop the nerves from building up in his chest. He knew she was right, but he didn't understand her disapproval of his obsession over her. After all, his only goal was to make her as happy as she made him. Why wouldn't she be joyful that someone understands her so well?

"Where's the first journal?" the (h/c) female inquired, ignoring his last comment.

The boy stiffened up again and his eyes began to shake as he wrapped his arms around his upper body. He looked back and forth between the girl and the book in his arms. He didn't know what to do. It wasn't the right time, but when would it ever be? He shook his head, trying to calm his accelerating breath.

The girl raised an eyebrow, seeing his hesitance and reached out to him to try and snap him out of his state to get answers. Yet her vision weakened, her body becoming weak, making her struggle to keep her eyes open. She let out a pained groan and fell to the bed, becoming unconscious.