Chapter 62: Teasing Isn't A Friendly Game, Highness

Akari and Rei sat impatiently in the main room of the house, trying to find something to occupy their minds. Rei had already run out of food to cook, the incredulous amount of meals he'd made simply to calm his on-edge state. In his mind, he had nothing else to do and subjected himself to sitting uncomfortably on the couch, his head hanging off of it as he sat upside down, blood rushing to his head.

On the other hand, Akari stared out of the window, watching as large amounts of snow fell from the sky. It was beautiful to him and he silently admired it, trying to take his mind off of what Shota had done to (Y/n). He wasn't in the mood to fight with anyone considering that it only made the girl become more distant from him. So, instead, he remembered times of long past, finding a smile working its way onto his lips at the comforting thoughts.

Rei made a prolonged questioning noise as he heard laughing coming from upstairs. While it wasn't a laugh that he was familiar with, it made him chuckle nonetheless, knowing that someone had just broken in some form or another. He stood up, figuring that he should pay a visit to Shota to see if he had woken up yet. Yamato had explained everything to him a bit earlier, but he wanted to ensure things wouldn't escalate unless he wanted them to.

So he skipped up the stairs, leaving Akari and the dogs downstairs and knocked playfully on the door to the redhead's door. There was no response, but he could hear the exhausted sigh of the male inside and pushed the barrier between them open, giving him a bright smile, hiding his anger. Shota didn't seem to care and though most of him under his duvet, it was obvious to Rei that he was seething with rage.

"What's the matter, Sho?" he chuckled, sticking out his tongue, "Did your feelings get hurt?"

"You're the last person I want to see right now," the redhead scoffed, turning his back on the blonde, "Unless you're here to tell me that (Y/n) wants to see me - which I highly doubt by the way - I couldn't care less about what you have to say."

Rei gave an amused laugh and closed the door behind him, sitting down on the bed and crossing one leg over the other. He hummed to himself as a way to buy him some time to think of a subject to talk about, finding the silence unnerving. Shota didn't mind the gap of conversation, preferring Rei to be quiet than hear him prattle on about something or another. They obviously weren't very amiable or close friends.

"Do you remember your first crush?" Rei asked, pressing his finger to his mouth in a contemplative manner.

"What does it matter?" Shota said dejectedly, "Just leave already."

"No, no, really," the blonde said, laying down on the bed in exasperation, "Do you remember your first crush?"

The redhead didn't respond. He only tucked the blanket closer to his body as if it would protect him from the conversation. Rei gave a smirk, finding his sadistic habits boiling up at the sight of Shota looking so miserable. He suppressed a laugh, finding the urge to continue the conversation. Of course, the main goal was to mess with the male, but he enjoyed the process of getting there, as well.

"I do," he smirked, "She was a very conservative girl, wasn't she?"

"Why do you feel the need to talk about my first crush when you were the one that brought up the conversation?" the redhead sighed, "Honestly, you of all people should know that proper sense dictates you bring up your own experience first."

"No, no," Rei said, sitting up once more and waving his hand side to side, "I remember! She was this girl with dark black hair - "

"Redundant," Shota scoffed at the male's use of descriptive words still hiding behind the duvet, his back turned on the other male.