Chapter 48: Outside Already?

(Y/n) woke up, the bright rays coming through the window, stirring her from her peaceful slumber. As she batted her eyes a few times to wake herself up, she noticed Takuya clinging onto her, seemingly asleep. She gave a quaint chuckle to see him relaxed, but as the laughter left her lips, she noticed the boy's cheeks growing a faint pink and his eyes twitching.

Figuring he must have been waking up, she slipped out of the bed, only to find her body pulled back, possessively, by the shy boy. He seemed to be reluctant to let her leave, wanting to keep her warm body next to his own for as long as possible. He gave a little grumble, and buried his face in her neck, trying to resist the urge to kiss her there. Though it was harder than he expected, faced with a new challenge.

"Good...morning?" (Y/n) said, confused, "Um, did you sleep alright?"

Takuya blushed brightly and he pressed himself further into her neck, trying to hide his bashful smile. He tucked his arms around her and although he tried to have confidence in that act, his arms shook, worrying the girl. She had thought that he was beginning to have another nervous fit and pass out once more.

"Thank you for asking," the boy blushed, "I-I had a nice dream."

"Oh, that's good," the girl chuckled, pushing him away carefully, "I guess..."

There was a quick yet aggressive knock on the door and a moment later, Haru came into the room. He had an irritated expression, but as he saw the girl, he seemed to perk up. As he came further into the room, he opened his arms wide in expectance for her to embrace him as he wished. He pouted as she stayed put, shoving his hands in his pockets and looking to the side as a childish ploy to get her to do what he wanted.

"At least say good morning to me," the brunette sulked, "I'm going to feed you breakfast today, so come eat!"

He took her hand and pulled her out of the bed, entering the passcode to her room. There, he shoved her inside and told her to pick out something to wear for the day. He had told her she was able to take a shower, but she figured it was best to take it later as an excuse to get away from the others. As she picked up a simple yet cute outfit, she turned to change into it when she noticed Haru sitting expectantly on the bed.

"Go ahead," he said, his face deadpan, "Strip. I don't mind."

(Y/n)'s face became beet red and she resisted the urge to slap him for his perverted comment. Though, she didn't care to mask her disgust from it, making him pout once more. He had expected her to be unbothered by him watching her but was quite surprised when she seemed objected to the idea.

"Strip," he repeated, his tone becoming more demanding than before.

"Brat," Shota said, looking at him scornfully, "You should know better. You're older than I am, for goodness sake! Act like it!"

"You're no fun," Haru mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

The girl, seeing the two get into a large argument, used that to change in the bathroom, unwatched by peeping eyes. As she came out, the two were glaring furiously at one another, although no words were exchanged. They seemed to be trying to intimidate the other to back down but neither seemed willing to give up.

Noticing she had changed and exited the room, Shota turned into a perfect gentleman yet again, pretending as if he hadn't been having an intense fight with his friend. It seemed to be a bit of a habit of his. (Y/n) had reasoned he preferred to be viewed as noble and keep up appearances than being seen arguing like a child.

"Shall I escort you to breakfast?" the redhead smiled softly, "I would be honored."

(Y/n) scowled at him, walked directly past him and out of the room, the door already opened for her. While Shota didn't seem to appreciate the gesture, he attempted to hold a strong face, not willing to let her or Haru see his displeasure. He followed after her, being passed by a running Haru, wanting nothing more than to be by the girl's side.