Chapter 21: Family Dynamic?

Takuya led (Y/n) inside the large house and upstairs to his room, leaving Isao behind to feel great guilt. She tried to look behind at him but the other male tilted her head to look in front of them, silently telling her to forget about him. He opened the door to his room and pushed her inside, slamming the door behind him.

The inside of his room was quite bare. There was nothing on the walls, not even a window to shine some light inside of them. The only thing there was a bed. It wasn't large in the slightest and looked barely big enough for a child. The rest of the room was empty.

"Takuya!" Isao called as he stepped through the door, "Why have you brought home a girl? You know how your mother will get."

"We're doing a project," he scoffed, "for school."

Isao began to type on his phone and looked up after reading whatever he had been sent. He gave a puzzled expression before letting out a 'huh' in a questioning manner. Then he opened the door and looked down the hall.

"Come along," he said, motioning to the both of them.

"Get. Lost," Takuya repeated.

"Your mother is instructing you to use the...uh...special room," Isao said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Takuya had a strange look on his face when he received the news, turning to the girl before blushing intensely. He reached out for the phone, grabbing it and looking at it, the phone beginning to buzz as a phone call started up. He flinched, almost dropping it from shock and trembled as he hit the green button to allow the call to begin.

"H-Hello, mother!" he said, anxiously, "U-Uh - Sorry..."

The boy began to talk, throwing a glance or two at (Y/n), blushing especially hard when his mother mentioned a particular request. Worried the girl would hear him and get the wrong idea, he stepped out of the room, making sure to throw a glare at Isao to tell him to stay away from her. As he walked away, Isao threw the girl a pitiful glance before looking away.

"Hello," (Y/n) said, giving him a wave, "It's nice to see you again, I suppose?"

"Likewise," Isao said, looking around the room in disappointment, "I'm so sorry about...I mean, welcome to the Miyahara estate. If there's anything I can get you, let me know. I'd be ecstatic to tend to your needs."

"Oh, um, thank you."

After that, their conversation ended. Isao didn't do anything but lean against the wall, feeling sorry for himself. Every now and then, he'd glance up at the girl, trying to figure her out. He'd only met her once, but she was having an enormous effect on his life despite their limited communications.

"Can I help you with something?" she asked, noticing his glances.

"Not especially," he sighed, "I just...let's start over, yeah? I'm Isao Kuroki. I work for Takuya's family."

"What exactly do you do?" she asked, "Takuya doesn't - and I don't want to sound rude - but he doesn't seem to...like you? It's more than a bit peculiar."

"He doesn't have the best family dynamic is all," Isao sighed, pushing back his hair in a very attractive way.

(Y/n) blushed, enthralled but his mature form. He was only a few years older than her but he seemed so much more knowledgable about the world than her. He wasn't particularly muscular and looked more skinny than anything else, but she could not deny his handsome figure.

"Enjoying the view?" he chuckled, sitting down against the wall and rested his arm on his leg which was propped up before frowning, "Yeah, I'm used to it."