4

Audrey's POV

"Whatcha doing Munchkin?" Ash asks.

"Just making sure I'm actually in the line up." I say then I check the line up for the umpteenth time.

1-Alyssa Naeher
5-Kelley O'Hara
7-Abby Dahlkemper
4-Becky Sauerbrunn
12-Tierna Davidson
8-Julie Ertz (C)
3-Sam Mewis
16-Rose Lavelle
17-Tobin Heath
23-Christen Press
14-Audrey Solo

"You're really on there Audrey."

"I'm so glad my Mom's here to see this." I mumble.

"You know she wouldn't miss it for the world" Ash says then she kisses my head. "Now go put your shirt on."

I nod then head to my locker and put my number 14 jersey on.

"Aww." Christen says.

"What?" Kelley asks.

"Look at Audrey's jersey." Christen says and points at my jersey.

"Aww." Ali says. "It says Mom."

We're playing England today in the first match of SheBelieves and we're doing that thing the team did last year during SheBelieves by putting names of women that inspire them and I put Mom on mine.

"Cute." Moe says.

"SUBS TO THE BENCH STARTERS TO THE TUNNEL." Someone shouts.

"Come on Little Solo." Tobin says so I follow her to the tunnel.

When I get into the tunnel I get in line behind Tierna then I wait for us to walk on the pitch. A minute later we are told to head onto the pitch so I follow my former conference rival onto the pitch then stand next to her as the anthems play. Once the anthems play we shake hands with England and the refs, take a picture of our jersey's then I head to the center circle.

As I wait for the game to start I look in the crowd and eventually find my Mom so I wave at her and she waves back.

"You ready Rugrat?" Christen asks and uses the nickname she and another of my aunt's has for me.

"Yep." I say as the whistle blows so I kick the ball back to Tierna then run up field with the rest of the team.

The first twenty or so minutes are sort of entertaining since both teams are trying to figure each other out, but no real chance occurs for either team.

In the 23rd minute we get a corner kick so I wait for Tobin to take the corner while I walk around the box. When the ref blows her whistle Tobin does her run up then she floats the ball into the box. As the ball floats into the box I lose my mark, who's Leah Williamson, then I jump up and head the ball past Mary Earps putting us up 1-0.

When the ball hits the net I run towards Tobin and as I run I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist which I've always done since I got the tattoo when I was 18.

"Nice goal Little Solo." Tobin says as I hug her.

"Nice cross Tobs." I say as the other girls join our hug.

Once I've hugged everyone Kelley grabs the ball throws it to the bench for them to keep since it's my first goal. We then all head to our side of the pitch and get ready for the restart.

The rest of the first half consists of us attacking the English goal, but nothing happens so when the first half ends we head to the locker room 1-0 up.

During half-time I sit in my locker and drink water then follow the rest of the starters back onto the pitch fifteen minutes later. Once both teams are on the pitch England kick off the second half.