89

Audrey's POV

"So how's Tobin feeling about her new role?" I ask.

"It took her a little bit to come to terms with it, but she talked to Abby about her role back in 2015 and I think that helped her." Christen says as I cuddle her in the team chill room in our hotel.

"That's good." I say as Tobin hands Christen and I drinks then she sits down on the other side of Christen. "Thanks."

"No problem munchkin." Tobin says.

"Is Daan starting?" Julie asks from the loveseat to my left.

"I think so." I say then the Dutch lineup is shown on the tv. "She is."

Daan and the dutch are playing China in the final game of the day so we're watching it in the team chill room.

"Audi?" Avery says as she climbs onto my lap.

"Yes sweetie?" I question as everyone gets quiet and looks at me.

"Can you tell me another story about you and your Mommy."

"Of course." I say. "What story would you like to hear?

"You're favorite memory of you and your Mommy."

"Oh that's my favorite story of all." I say then I smile at the memory before I retell the story.

*Flashback*

"AUNTIE PINOE!" I shout as I run to one of my favorites aunts after the ref blows the full time whistle.

"MUNCHKIN." Auntie Pinoe shouts then I jump into her arms.

"YOU WON." I shout.

"WE WON." Auntie Pinoe shouts then she lets me down before I walk over to some of the other of my Mommy's teammates.

"AUNTIE WAMBY." I shout.

"RUGRAT." Auntie Wamby shouts then I hug her.

"You won." I say.

"That we did...Even if it did take 122 minutes to get a lead."

Mommy and the national team played Canada tonight in the semi-finals of the 2012 Olympics.

Auntie Wamby and I hug a little bit longer then I search for the one person I want to see the most.

Once I find my Mommy, she's off to the side frowning so I walk up to her. When I get to my mom I stand next to her then tug on her jersey.

"Hey babygirl." Mommy says as she looks down at me.

I smile at my Mommy then I jump onto her and wrap my legs around her waist.

"Well then." Mommy says as she holds me up by my thighs.

"Hi." I say then I start kissing all over my Mommy's face

"Mmm." Mommy says with a dopey smile. "That's nice."

"I love you Mommy." I say.

"I love you too Audrey." Mommy says then she carries me to the locker room.

Once in the locker room Mommy sits me down in her locker then she grabs her shower stuff and heads to the shower. After Mommy and the rest of the team shower we pack our things up, get on the bus, then head back to the hotel. When we get to the hotel, I take Mommy and I's bags up to our room while she does her recovery stuff.