39

Audrey's POV

"Why the long face?" Daan asks as we pull up to Meadow Park.

"I wanted to play today." I say as I park the car.

"I know you did Audi." Daan says then she squeezes my hand. "But I'd rather you be 100 percent healthy before you play instead of you playing at 75%."

In our game last weekend we played away to Aston Villa and my ankle got kicked and stepped on repeatedly so I'm being rested for tonight's game which is the first leg of the Champions League Semi-Final and we play Wolfsburg.

"I know." I say. "I don't have to like it, but I get it."

"Good." Daan says then she leans over and pecks my lips. "Now move that cute butt."

"Yes Dear." I say then kiss my girlfriend one last time.

The two of us get out of my car, grab our bags from the trunk, then we head to the locker room.

When I get to the locker room I head to my locker then take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

After I'm dressed I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the subs for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into our Red jersey. After I'm dressed I wait around in my locker as the coaching staff do their last minute talks then the subs and I head to the bench to watch the game.

Knowing that I'm only going to play if it's an emergency I watch my girlfriend and nothing, but my girlfriend the whole game.

When the game does end the score is 2-1 with goals from Viv and Jessie for our team and Pernille Harder scoring for Wolfsburg.

"Nice assists." I say as I hug my girl.

"I felt you staring at me the whole game." Daan says.

"How can I not?" I question. "You're the most beautiful woman in the world."

"Aww." Lisa says as Daan blushes. "How cute."

"Shush you." Daan says.

"Meanie." Lisa playfully says then she squirts Daan with water.

"Oh it's on." Daan says then she starts chasing Lisa towards the locker room.

"We're dating dorks Viv." I say.

"Yeah." Viv says with a smile. "We are."

Viv and I walk a few other teammates into the locker room. Once in the locker room I change out of my kit then put on my normal clothes. After I'm dressed I put my necklaces on then put my earrings and nose ring back in before I put my clothes on. When I'm fully clothed I pack my stuff up then wait for my girlfriend to be be ready

"Audrey are you still okay with us coming to your house tonight to watch the game?" Jessie asks as I wait in my locker while Daan gets dressed.

"Mhmm." I say. "As long as you all bring your own dinner."

"We can do that." Kim says.

"Sweet." I say then Daan stands in-between my legs.

"Ready to go?" My girlfriend asks.

"Yep." I say then I grab my bag and follow my girlfriend out to the car.

Once at the car we put our stuff in the trunk then we get in the car and head towards my place.

On the way to my place we stop and get some dinner then we continue to my place. When we get to my apartment building I park in the underground garage then we head up to my penthouse. Once in my place I head to my bedroom and change into comfy clothes as Daan does the same in one of the other bedrooms.

After I've finished getting dressed I head to the kitchen to get Daan and I's food and drinks then I head to the living room as someone knocks on the door.

"I got it." Daan says as she walks past me.

I continue on to the living room and once there I sit in my normal spot on the L shaped couch then I start eating as the team slowly start arriving.

Once the whole team has arrive we turn on the first Mexico v USA game.

"Do you think Mexico has a chance?" Lisa asks.

"Not really." I say. "They've been getting better, but their still nowhere close to us."

"Are you guys excited to host the 2023 World Cup?" Katie asks.

"I am." I say. "It'll be nice to play on home soil."

"Hey Audrey who all on your national team is dating?" Jessie asks and points to the screen.

"The only relationship on the team that I know of is Lindsey Horan is dating Emily Sonnett." I say.

"Who else is taken?" Jill asks.

"This doesn't leave this room?" I question and everyone nods.

"Of course." Lisa says.

"Well Ash and Ali are married, Adrianna has a wife, Alyssa's married to Becky Sauerbrunn, Christen and Tobin are together, Mal's dating my ex-girlfriend, Abby's dating a friend of mine from college, Kelley's dating my Mom, Tierna's dating some lady she went to college with, then Sam, Crystal, Julie, Andi, Moe, and Alex all have husbands...and I think that's it." I say.

"Daan have you met Audrey's ex?" Leah asks.

"I have." My girlfriend says. "She's very nice."

"Did you like her?" Katie asks.

"I did." Daan says.

"Are you and her still friends Audrey?" Jessie asks.

"We aren't as close as we once were but we're still friends." I say.

"Why aren't you two as close anymore?" Leah asks.

"Being kidnapped together and being forced to have sex together kinda fucks up your relationship." I say.

After the 2020 Olympics Maya and I gave a joint interview to ABC about our time being kidnapped together. The only reason we did the interview was because multiple news outlets were going to report on the story so we decided to say fuck you to those outlets and beat them to it all while making a few bucks.

"Oh." Leah says as Alex misses a wide open net.

"HOW DO YOU MISS." I shout then everyone looks at me. "Sorry."

"I can't wait to play you guys in June." Leah says.

"Me too." I say as I casually eat.

"Don't finish that thought." Daan says and points at me.

"Yes Dear." I say.

"Whipped." Katie mumbles.

"And you're not?" I question.

"I'd be careful answering that if I was you." Jessie says and looks at her girlfriend.

"Oh Look America scored." Katie says causing everyone to laugh.

"Smart decision." Jessie says. "Now can you get me some napkins.

Katie sighs then she gets out of her chair.

"Yes Dear."