6

Audrey's POV

"Here Audi." Moe says and passes me a paper as we pull up to the stadium in Tampa bay.

We're playing Australia today in our last game of SheBelieves and all we need is a draw today to win the tournament.

"Thanks." I say as I look over the line up paper again.

24-Ashlyn Harris
11-Ali Krieger
7-Abby Dahlkemper
8-Julie Ertz (C)
19-Crystal Dunn
20-Andi Sullivan
9-Lindsey Horan
6-Morgan Brian
18-Sofia Huerta
23-Christen Press
14-Audrey Solo

We're playing a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with Andi in the 6 role, Lindsey and Moe in the two 8 roles, and Sofia at the 10. Christen and I are playing together up top.

"Let's go Audi." Moe says and gets out of the seat.

I follow the midfielder off the bus, into the stadium, then we head to the locker room. When I get to the locker room I head to my locker then take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, and my socks before I grab my boots.

"Nice boots Munchkin." Ash says as I put on my boots.

"When'd you get those?" Kelley asks and points at my boots.

"I did a photo shoot for Nike in January and they had some of these lying around so I asked if I could have them and now I have eight pair

"I did a photo shoot for Nike in January and they had some of these lying around so I asked if I could have them and now I have eight pair. I left them in Seattle so I had one of my roommates in Seattle ship one of them to me and they got here earlier today." I say as I put my boots on.

Once my boots are on Christen and I start walking out of the locker room, but we're impeded by a line of people shaking hands with someone.

"Who's that?" I question as Christen and I head out of the locker room.

"Sporting director of US Soccer." Christen says.

"Oh...do I have to talk to him?"

"Was he mean to you?"

"I was at the December Identification camp and he said I had no place on this team."

"Well fuck him."

"Audrey nice to see you again." Earnie Stewart says and holds out his hand

"Wish I could say the same." I say as Christen and I walk past him.

Christen and I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters then head back to the locker room. Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into our white jersey. After I'm dressed I wait around in my locker as the coaching staff do their last minute talks then the starters and I head to the tunnel and I line up behind Ali. A minute later we walk out onto the pitch, stand for the anthems, shake hands with the Australian players, then I head to my position and a moment later Australia kicks off the game.

The entirety of the first half and the first 20 minutes of the second half goes very well for us and we put a bunch of shots on goal, but the Australian keeper keeps everything out annoyingly.

In the 66th minute Australia attack our goal, but Ali steals the ball and starts running up field. I see her look up so I take off toward the left flank and point to the space in front of me then Ali looks down and slams her foot into the ball. The ball soars towards me and lands right in front of me and I let it bounce once then I control it and run towards goal.

One of the Australian defenders cuts me off and makes me go away from the goal so I do a Ronaldo chop and get space. Once I have space I look up and see Christen point ahead of her so I roll the ball into her path. As the ball rolls into Christen's path she puts her foot through the ball and sends it rocketing into the goal putting us up 1-0.

When the ball hits the net I run towards Christen then hug her.

"Nice job Rugrat." Christen says.

"Nice finish." I say as the team get to us.

Everyone hugs each other before we head back up field then Australia restart the game.

In the 84th minute we get a corner so I walk around the top of the box closest to the corner and wait for the whistle. A minute later the whistle blows so Christen floats a ball in near post that gets cleared over my head. I turn around to find the ball and see Sam Kerr already chasing it.

"Fuck." I mumble when I realize that's my mark.

I run after Kerr and when I catch her around the midfield circle I stay right on her hip as both of us sprint all the way down the field.

Well I say we sprint but, I just lightly jog and I'm able to keep up with Sam Kerr.

Once we are 30 yards from goal the Australian tries to shoot, but when she draws her leg back I steal the ball and run back to our offensive half.

As I cross the halfway line I look up and see Christen make a subtle gesture to the goal. I look back down at the ball, slam my foot into the ball, then I watch as the ball heads for the far post. Everyone watches the ball in the air, except Christen who runs into the box and volleys it home putting us up 2-0.

When the ball hits the net I jog over to the team and join the team hug.

"You okay?" Christen asks.

"Do we have a sub left?" I question.

"I don't think so."

"Then I need my inhaler." I say.

Christen nods so she and I jog over to the sideline.

"Inhaler please." I request then the AT's hand me my inhaler.

I take a few pumps of the inhaler to alleviate my lungs then I head back on field a moment before the game restarts.

Nothing else happens the rest of the game so when the whistle blows Ali and Ash walk to me and hug me.

"Do you want us to introduce you to your new teammates?" Ali asks.

"On one condition." I say.

"And what's that?"

I walk behind Ash then jump on her back and wrap my arms around her.

"Alright I'm ready." I say.

Krashlyn laugh then they walk to two ladies who are talking to each other

"Hey Guys." Ali says as I slide off Ash's back.

"Hey Newlyweds." One of the two Aussies says then the two Australians hug Krashlyn.

"We just wanted to introduce you to our new forward." Ali says then she looks at me. "This is Audrey Solo."

"Munchkin this is Emily van Egmond and Alanna Kennedy."

"Hello." I say and shake hands with the Australian.

The five of us talk for a while until we have to head into the locker room so I walk with Krashlyn to the the lockers.

"Hey Ash?" I say and look at the keeper.

"Yeah Munchkin?"

"Who's our first game against?"

"Chicago."