28

Audrey's POV

"Audrey can we have a moment?" One of the ESPN Field reporters says as I walk towards the locker room.

Today's the NWSL championship game and we're playing at Exploria Stadium against Chicago.

"Sure." I say then I stand in front of the camera.

"Audrey having won the NWSL Golden Boot and the League MVP award at such a young age where can you go from here in your career?"

"I'm just getting stared." I simply say.

The dude asks a couple more tactical questions about the game then I head to the locker room.

When I get to the locker room I walk by the line up so I check it out.

24-Ashlyn Harris(C)
11-Ali Krieger
14-Alanna Kennedy
4-Shelina Zadorsky
22-Emily Sonnett
6-Taylor Kornieck
5-Emily van Egmond
10-Marta
1-Audrey Solo
13-Alex Morgan
7-Claire Emslie

Once I've checked the line up I head to my locker, take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

After I'm dressed I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into our Purple jersey. After I'm dressed I wait around in my locker as the coaching staff do their last minute talks then the starters and I head to the tunnel and I line up behind Ash. A minute later we walk out onto the pitch, stand for a bit, shake hands with the Red Stars, then I head to the center circle to do the kick off.

As I stand at the center circle I look around the stadium and try to find my mom in the stands. When I do find my Mom I smile and wave and she waves back then the whistle blows so I kick off the NWSL championship.

The first 20 or so minutes of the first half goes by pretty quickly with neither team getting a good look at goal.

In the 24th minute we earn a throw-in in our half so Sonnett throws the ball into Alanna. The Australian then walks up field with the ball until she sees Taylor calling for the ball so she passes to the Rookie. When Taylor gets the ball she quickly passes to me then I play the ball out wide to Claire before I run into the box. Claire then crosses the ball into the area and I jump up with Julie. I barely out jump Julie and head the ball just past the outstretched arm of Alyssa which puts us 1-0 up.

Once the ball hits the back of the net I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist then I hug the girls before we head back upfield for the restart.

In the 35th minute we get a goal kick so Ash plays the ball short to her wife then Ali jogs upfield with the ball. As Ali does this I quickly look ahead of me and see a bunch of open space so I look back at Ali and subtly motion for the ball. The right back then plays a long ball over the top so I take off and chase it down.

Tierna follows me and right as we get to the bouncing ball I put my foot through it and send it goal wards. My momentum causes me tumble to the ground then I look up and see the ball in the back of the net making the score 2-0

After I get off the ground I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist then I hug the girls before we head back upfield for the restart.

"Damn Audi." Taylor says as we walk back up field.

"What?" I question.

"You going for a first half hat trick?" Taylor asks.

"Maybe."

- - - - -

"MUNCHKIN." Ash yells after she's hugged and kissed her wife once the final whistle blew.

"WHAT." I shout then I turn around and face the keeper.

A couple seconds later Ash wraps me in her arms then a Ali joins the hug.

"Well this is a bit of deja vu." Ali says then Ash and I laugh.

"Thanks Munchkin." Ash says and kisses my head.

"For what?" I question.

"You won us the championship Audi." Ali says.

We won 4-1 with myself getting a third goal and Syd getting our final goal. The Chicago goal was scored by Kealia Ohai off an assist by Sarah Gorden.

"Oh...This is some serious deja vu." I say.

"Yes it is." Ash says as she lets me go.

Ash and Ali go to talk to our other teammates while I grab the ball and take it into the locker room for safe. I then return to the field just as the ceremony is starting.

"Let's go Audi." Sonnett says then she pulls me into the medal line.

I follow the defender up onto the podium, get my medal, then I stand on the podium and wait for the trophy.

"AND THE NWSL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME MVP GOES TO AUDREY SOLO." Someone says over the loud speaker.

"Oh." I say then I'm passed around for hugs as I head over to the trophy.

When I get to the lady holding the trophy we pose for pictures then I take the trophy and hand it to somebody from the club before I return back to my spot on the podium.

A few moments later Ash is handed the trophy then we lift the trophy while confetti rains down on us. Once the confetti stops falling everyone takes pictures with the trophy then everybody celebrates with their families.

"Congratulations babygirl." Mom says as she hugs me.

"Thanks." I say as I revel in my Mother's warmth.

"You alright?" Mom asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Audrey." Mom warns.

"I just wish I had someone to celebrate this with." I say.

"I'm here?"

"I love that you're here, but not like that." I say. "I mean like how Ash has Ali."

"Sweetie you can't rush love." Mom says. "I had to wait almost 39 years to be happy and in love."

"But I don't wanna wait 39 years." I mumble.

"And nobody's saying you will babygirl. All I'm saying is take it one day at a time and one day the right woman will come into your life and rock your world."

"Like Kelley did yours?" I question.

"Exactly like Kelley." Mom says. "And no matter what I'm always gonna be your number one fan."

"Thanks Mom." I say. "I love you."

"I love you too Babygirl." Mom says then she kisses my head. "Now go shower and change so we can go celebrate."