72

Audrey's POV

"So how's your Mom doing?" Moe asks as she pets Balto.

"Good." I say. "She has new boobs and there's no traces of the cancer anywhere so everything's good."

"Have you seen your Mom's new boobs?" Ali asks from the row in-front of me.

"I've only seen them with the Bandages on." I say.

"Hey Kelley." Ash says causing Kelley to remove her headphones.

"What?" Mom's Fiancée asks.

"How're Hope's new boobs?" Ash asks causing me to groan.

"They're just like the old one's." Kelley says then she puts her headphones back in. "But Hope loves them so that's all that matters."

That last sentence made me smile.

"You know you seem to be on better terms with Kelley." Tobin says from the row behind me as we ride to the Parc des Princes.

Today's our game with France and it's in Paris.

"She proved herself." I say.

"How?" Christen asks.

"Once my Mom got diagnosed Kelley finally showed up." I say. "She stopped planning their wedding, stopped going to training...basically she put everything on hold and told my Mom that everything could wait until she was healthy."

"Wow."

"And I can't be mad at her for that." I admit. "I'm mad at Kelley for other things, but I can only love her for the way she's treated my Mom the past couple of weeks."

"Here Audi." Mal says and hands me the line up so I look it over.

1-Audrey Solo
9-Sofia Huerta
7-Abby Dahlkemper
4-Alana Cook
19-Crystal Dunn
8-Julie Ertz(C)
10-Lindsey Horan
3-Sam Mewis
17-Tobin Heath
13-Alex Morgan
23-Christen Press

"But yeah." I say as we pull up to the stadium. "We're not fully back to me being okay with Kelley marrying my Mom, but we're getting there."

Once the bus stops, Balto and I get out of our seats, leave the bus, and head to the locker room.

When I get to the locker room I head to my locker then take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

After I'm dressed I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my green keeper jersey. After I'm dressed I let the trainers give me a pain killer shot then Ash wraps my hands while the coaching staff do their last minute talks. When the talks end, the starters and I head to the tunnel and I line up behind Julie.

While we're waiting for the game to start I lean forward and wrap my arms around Julie.

"You'll be fine." Julie whispers. "I'm right in front of you if you need me."

"Thank you." I say.

When the ref tells us too we head onto the field then stand in line for the anthems. After the anthems we shake hands with the French then we shake hands with the refs.

After we finish shaking hands we take our starting XI line up photo.

"Sit Balto." I say to my dog, who's wearing my jersey.