108

Audrey's POV

"We're here Audi." Julie says as I look over the line up for our Semi-final match

18-Aubrey Bledsoe
5-Kelley O'Hara
7-Abby Dahlkemper
8-Julie Ertz (C)
2-Tierna Davidson
10-Lindsey Horan
16-Rose Lavelle
3-Sam Mewis
14-Audrey Solo
13-Alex Morgan
12-Christen Press

We play France tonight in the Parc Olympique Lyonnais for a chance to go to the gold medal match.

Our Quarter final game was against Brazil and we won 2-0.

Annoyingly I didn't play a single minute.

In our quarterfinal, Emily got undeservedly given a red card so she can't play today since her sending off was upheld.

"Okay." I say then Balto and I follow the blonde off the bus.

Once Balto and I get off the bus we head into the stadium then we head to the locker room.

"What's the score?" I ask as I look for the tv in the room.

Once I find the tv I stand in front of it and watch the other semi-final that's taking place.

The other semi final is the Netherlands v Great Britain.

"1-1 in the 50th minute." Tobin says. "Miedema scored for the dutch and Cuthbert scored for Britain"

"Alright." I say then I head to my locker.

When I get to my locker take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change. I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

After I'm dressed I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my Red jersey. After I'm dressed I wait around while the coaching staff do their last minute talks. When the talks end, the starters and I head to the tunnel and I line up behind Alex

When the ref tells us too we head onto the field then stand in line for the anthems. After the anthems we shake hands with the French then we shake hands with the refs.

After we finish shaking hands we take our starting XI line up photo.

"Sit Balto." I say to my dog, who's wearing my jersey.

Balto does as told and sits down next to Alex while I stand behind him for the picture.

Once the picture is taken, Balto and I head to the team huddle.

After the team huddle I lead Balto to the bench.

"Alright Balto." I say as we get to the end of the bench. "You stay here okay?"

Balto barks at me so I pet him one more time then I head onto the pitch.

Once on the pitch I head to the center circle with Christen.

"You ready Rugrat?" Christen asks.

"Yep." I say as the whistle blows so I kick the ball back to Tierna then run up field with the rest of the team.

The first twenty or so minutes are sort of entertaining since both teams are trying to figure each other out, but no real chance occurs for either team.

In the 23rd minute we get a corner kick so I wait for Christen to take the corner while I walk around the box. When the ref blows her whistle Christen does her run up then she floats the ball into the box. As the ball floats into the box I lose my mark, who's Mbock Bathy, then I jump up and head the ball past the French keeper putting us up 1-0.

When the ball hits the net I run towards Christen and as I run I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist.

"Nice goal Rugrat." Christen says as I hug her.

"Nice cross." I say as the other girls join our hug.

Once I've hugged everyone we all head to our side of the pitch and get ready for the restart.

The rest of the first half consists of us attacking the French goal, but nothing happens so when the first half ends we head to the locker room 1-0 up.

During half-time I sit in my locker and drink water then follow the rest of the starters back onto the pitch fifteen minutes later. Once both teams are on the pitch France kick off the second half.

In the 52nd minute Wendie Renard passes the ball up to Kenza Dali so I run towards the Frenchwoman. When the ball gets to Dali I tackle the ball away from her then I run towards the ball as it rolls towards Mbock Bathy. Right before the ball gets to the centre back I get to it, roulette the ball around her, then run towards goal. The French keeper then comes out of her goal so I side foot the ball around her and into the bottom corner of the goal putting us up 2-0.

"YEAH AUDI." Sam says as I turn around and kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name.

My teammates get to me and hug me then we head up field.

"Oh shit." I mumble as I walk up field.

"What's wrong?" Alex asks.

"Fucking Asthma's flaring up again." I say as I try to get air into my lungs.

"You wanna come out?" Christen asks.

"It's probably a good idea to." I admit then Christen covers my ears.

"VLATKO." One of the forwards yells then my ears are uncovered.

"Alright head to the bench." Alex says.

I nod then head to the bench.

When I get to the bench I high five Sophia then I head to the end of the bench and do whatever the AT's tell me to do to get my breath back.

As the game ends I finally get my breathing back to normal.

"Finally." I mumble as the ref blows her whistle to signal full time.

We won 2-0.

"You alright Sweetie?" Ali asks and I nod.

"Who won the other semi-final?" I ask as we get off the bench

"The Dutch." Ash says.

"Which means..."

"We're playing your girl again for another medal."

Well this should be fun.