13

Audrey's POV

"Hi Mama." I say as I walk out of the the team meeting room.

We're staying in Seattle for another day before we head to Dallas to play Colombia again. Unfortunately only my Mom was able to stay from the parents since she didn't have to get back to work so we're going to dinner with her.

"Hi babygirl." Mom says as I walk into her arms.

"I've really missed your hugs." I mumble.

"I've missed hugging you." Mom says then she kisses my head. "You ready to go to dinner?"

"Mhmm." I say then I turn around and see the whole team smiling at my Mom and i's interaction.

"You guys are so cute." Mal says.

"Food time?" Ash asks.

"Food time" I say with a smile.

Mom and I break our hug then we walk out of the lobby and head to the dinner place. When we get to the dinner place we are seated in a large room and I sit in-between my Mom and Julie.

As we're looking over the menu my Mom ghosts her lips over my ear.

"Are you and Julie together?" Mom asks and I shake my head.

I don't keep anything from my Mom so she obviously know's about Julie and I's past fling.

"No." I whisper. "We've worked everything out and she's back to being my friend and my cuddle buddy."

"Well I'm glad you two worked it out." Mom says.

A minute later the wait staff arrive so we tell them our orders then wait a couple minutes for our drinks to arrive.

"So Audrey." Ash says as I take a sip of my Sprite.

"Yes?" I question as the table looks at me.

"How do you feel about KO dating your Mom?"

"As long as my Mom's happy and Kelley treats her well I don't care." I admit.

"How's your dating life Audrey?" Sam asks.

"Non-existent." I say.

"Anybody you catching your eye?" Kelley asks.

"Nope." I admit. "At least not on the dating front."

"Let's not go into the other front." Mom says as our food is placed in front. "I wanna have an appetite."

Once everyone has their food we start eating while continuing to talk.

Eventually I finish my food so I lean my head on my Mom's shoulder and rest until everyone's done eating.

"Mom?" I say after Mom's paid for her and I's food.

"Yeah Audrey?"

"Can we go to Alki Beach?" I ask.

"Wanna go look at the stars?" Mom asks with a smile.

"Yes please." I say.

"Sure sweetie." Mom says then kisses my head.

When Mom gets her card back I grab my to-go Sprite then everyone gets up and we leave the restaurant. Once outside the restaurant Mom grabs my hand then she leads me, and I assume the rest of the team, to one of our favorite stargazing spots.

"I haven't been here in forever." I say as Mom and I sit down on two of the loungers that the city keep out during the summer now.

"Me either." Mom says as everyone sits with us.

I look up at the stars for a while while I explain the constellations that are visible until the breeze starts to pick up.

"Ooh it's cold." I mumble.

"Come here baby." Mom says then she pulls me into her and wraps her arms around me. "Better?"

"Much better." I say as I cuddle into my Mom then I look at her "When do you go back to work?"

"I start after the Olympics." Mom says.

"So you'll be in Tokyo to watch me play?" I question with a smile then Mom nods and smiles.

"Mhmm." Mom says then she kisses my head. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

- - - - -

"Great game Little Solo." Tobin says and hugs me after our 5-1 win against Colombia.

"You too Tobs." I say. "Thanks for the two assists."

I had two goals today with both goals being assisted by Tobin. Christen and Alex scored off an assist from me then Pinoe scored.

Once again I was subbed off for Pinoe which is annoying.

"Tobin and Audrey you two are needed for media duties." Heif says.

Tobin and I nod then head to the press room and sit behind our name tags.

Tobin and I answer some questions about the game and their pretty easy to answer. The questions then start turning towards my relationship with Pinoe.

"Audrey you seemed displeased to be subbed off today, why was that?"

"I never want to come off the field." I admit. "Not many forwards do."

"Where you displeased with being subbed or displeased with being subbed for Megan Rapinoe?"

"Oh was that who I was subbed for?" I question and lie. "I didn't know who it was."

"Audrey there's some rumors floating around that you and Megan Rapinoe don't talk." One reporter says. "Is there any validity to these rumors?"

"No we talk." I admit.

"Audrey you famously tweeted last year that you didn't agree with Rapinoe winning the Ballon d'Or or The Best FIFA Women's Player awards, do you still agree with what you said."

"I think that's all the time we have." Heif says so Tobin and I stand up and leave the media room.

When we finish talking to the media I head to the locker room and take a shower.

After my shower I dry off, put my necklaces on then put my earrings and nose ring in before I put my clothes on. Once I'm dressed I grab my stuff then head to the bus and sit in my row.

The bus takes us back to the hotel and once at the hotel I head up to my room then wait for my roommate since I need to talk to her.

"Kelley?" I say when my roommate comes into the room.

"What's wrong Audrey?" Kelley asks hearing the vulnerability in my voice.

"Do you really love my Mom?" I ask

"I love Your Mom very very much." Kelley says causing me to look down at my hands and twiddle my thumbs.

"Please don't take her away from me."

"Hey." Kelley says then she sits down next to me and wraps her arms around me. "Audrey I don't know where your Mom and I's relationship is gonna go because I can't control the future, but I do know that I want to be Mrs. Kelley Solo one day. If that does or doesn't happen I promise I will never take your Mom away from you Audrey."

"Promise?" I question and hold my pinky out to my Mom's girlfriend.

"I promise." Kelley says and links our pinky's.

The two of us kiss our hands then Kelley tightly hugs me.

"Come on." The red head says. "Let's get ready for team bonding."