71

Audrey's POV

"Well how sick are they?" Kelley asks as we sit in the hotel meeting room in Paris.

"Jane and Aubrey can still train, but playing a full 90 wouldn't be a good idea. And AD sprained her wrist and her foot." Ash says as I watch Alex's daughter play with Balto.

Alyssa decided to stay home for one more camp with Becky and baby Sauerbrunn.

"So lemme get this straight." I say as I roll one of Balto's balls to Avery. "You want me, a forward, to play in goal against two of the best teams in the world...While I have a broken hand?"

"Pretty much yeah." Ash says then I cover Avery's ears.

"Fuck's sake." I say then I uncover the almost two year old's ears.

"And since it's raining and you need to work on your goalie skills." Ash says. "We need to clear these tables and use the rubber balls."

"Great." I groan then I grab my training bag.

We were supposed to be at training right now, but a massive storm put those plans on hold.

Once I have my training bag I take off my shirt so I'm in just my sports bra and my shorts then I put my hair up in a pony tail.

"Rugrat when did you get these tattoo's." Christen says as she runs her fingers over my two new tattoo's which are on the back of my neck and behind my left ear.

"The day after Mom was diagnosed with Cancer

"The day after Mom was diagnosed with Cancer." I say as the team look at my new tattoo's. "Mom designed both of them."

"So no more tattoo's for you?" Ash asks.

"No." I say. "I decided that if something really meaningful pops into my head then I'll get it tattoo'd on me, so there's no limit."

"Your Mom designed these?" Julie asks and I nod. "Does she have a thing for flowers?"

"She loves flowers." I say. "You should see the back yard at her house in LA."

"Lot's of flowers?" Moe asks.

"A lot of flowers." I say. "Like enough to start her own florist shop."

"She's even designing the bouquets for our wedding." Kelley says.

"Why flowers?" Mal asks.

"Mom's always loved flowers." I say. "Every camp we went to while I was growing up we'd go to the local botanical garden in every city we were at...it was great."

"Aww." A couple of the girls say as I put on my Keeper gloves.

"Are you ready?" Ash asks.

I nod then look at Avery and Balto.

"Sweetie can you and Balto go play off to the side while we do a little practice?" I ask. 

"Okay." Avery says before she and Balto move off to the side then we get started on the keeper training.

Over the next hour Ash runs me through different keeper drills while the team boot the rubber balls at me and try and score.

"Yeah. " Ash says. "I think we're done."

"Finally." I say then I take off my keeper gloves.

"Lemme see your hand." Christen says then she gently grabs my broken hand.

My aunts and Kelley immediately huddle around my hand and look it over.

"How's it feel?" Julie asks.

"It's fine." I say. 

"Any pain?" Alex asks.

"No." I say then the trainers look over my hand.

"It seems fine." One of the trainers said. "But if you feel any pain then come get one of us."

"Okay." I say then I take my hair out of the pony tail it's in. 

"How are you not in pain?" Sonnett asks as I put my shirt back on.

"My pain receptor in that hand aren't the best." I say. "So I guess I can't feel the pain."

"Why aren't your pain thingy's good?" Sam asks.

"This was the hand I used to protect myself when I was kidnapped." I say and hold up my broken hand. "It took the brunt of the beatings so I assume the Pain receptors don't wok anymore

"Audrey?" Moe asks.

"Yes Moe Moe?" I ask.

"Have you decided what are you doing with that house in Miami?"

"I imploded it and have everything removed from the lot, including the foundation." I say. "Now it's being rebuilt as a support center for kidnapping victims as well as a place where the victims that have been freed by the Have Hope Foundation can stay and get support while their loved ones come to bring them home."

"That's awesome." Crystal says.

"Auntie Audi?" Avery says as she and Balto walk over to me.

"Yes Sweetie?" I say.

"Balto's tummy rumble."

"Well it's dinner time so why don't we get him some food.

Avery nods so I open my bag grab some of Balto's food and feed him.

After Balto has his food I grab my food then I sit down at a table and eat my dinner.

"Auntie Audi?" Avery says.

"Yes Sweetie?" I say.

"Where's Daan?"

"She is with her National team in Albania." I say.

"Why?"

"Her national team is going through their qualifying tournament for the World Cup." I say.

"Oh...Okay."

"Who all are in the Dutch's group?" Ali asks.

"Their group is The Netherlands, Ireland, Albania, Kosovo, and Finland."

"Have they qualified yet?" Lindsey asks.

"If they win there next two games they will." I say then I look at Ash. "Since we don't have to qualify are we going to just have friendlies during the October international window?"

"I think so." Ash says. "The coaches haven't really thought about the October friendlies yet."

I nod then look at Vlatko.

"Hey Vlatko?" I say

"Yeah Audrey?"

"Are you positive none of the keepers will be fit to play in either friendlies

"Adriana maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it." Vlatko says. "Why?"

"Would it be possible for me to switch numbers just for this camp?" I ask

"What number do you want Munchkin?" Ash asks then everyone looks at me.

"Number 1."