54

Hope's POV

"Oh Balto." I mumble as I pet my daughter's Emotional support dog while we wait in the hospital waiting room. "When is Audrey gonna catch a break?"

After Audrey got hurt I raced down to the sideline's of the Orlando stadium and Alyssa helped me onto the field then she held me in place so I wouldn't be in the way of the paramedics. One of the Arsenal staff handed me Audrey's stuff and Balto while I was waiting then I went with my daughter to the hospital. Once in the hospital Audrey was rushed into surgery and I was led to a waiting room which is where I have been for the past three hours.

"How is she?" Ash asks when she and Ali bust into the room.

"Well hello to you to Ash." I say.

"Sorry." Ash says. "Hi Hope how are you?"

"Well Audrey's out of surgery so I'm doing better."

"What'd they tell you?" Ali inquires.

"Nothing yet. They just told me a minute ago that she's out of surgery and the doc will be in soon." I say then I look at the married couple. "Not that I don't love you two for being here, but where is Kelley?"

"We saw both teams after the game and told them to shower and change at their hotels then we'd tell them when and where to come." Ali says then Balto barks.

"Hi Balto." Ash says and scratches the huskies head.

Audrey and I called the National team coaching staff to tell them about Audrey needing an Emotional support animal and we told them that Balto needed to be brought everywhere with Audrey and they immediately agreed which is nice.

"Ms. Solo?"

"Yes?" I say and stand up.

"If you'd come with me I can take you to your daughter."

I nod then grab Balto and Audrey's stuff then Krashlyn and I follow the nurse to the elevator, up 7 floors, and into Audrey's room.

"She's still under anesthesia so she'll be sleepy for a while." The nurse says as a man and a woman in scrubs walk in.

"What happened?" I ask

"When Audrey was fouled the studs of the opponent chipped part of the bone off and the chip severed a blood vessel which is what made her pass out on the field. We were able to fix it pretty easily then I handed surgery off to my colleague." The man says as Balto whimpers at the sight of Audrey.

"Audrey also had some torn ankle ligaments so I took out the chipped bone fragments then I repaired the ankle ligaments." The woman says as I lay Balto down on Audrey's stomach

"How long do you think she'll be out?" I question as Balto lays on Audrey's stomach

"6 weeks until everything is healed then she'll need to rehab the ankle."

"And when can she leave?"

"A couple days." The man says. "We just wanna make sure the artery's healing properly."

The surgeons and the nurse leave the room so I put Audrey's stuff down then I pull a chair next to her and sit next to her.

"Was part of that foul intentional?" I question.

"Maybe a little bit, but I think it was an attempt to get the ball." Ali says.

"Why partly?"

"Last year when Audrey came to terms that she was just going to be friends with Julie she accepted it then Alanna used her for a couple weeks, but Alanna ended it. We all thought Alanna was over it, but I guess not." Ash says.