37

Audrey's POV

"Home sweet Home." I mumble as I enter my London home.

I just got home from SheBelieves and my whole flight home I kept thinking about what I heard Daan say before I left.

Hell the whole time I was at SheBelieves I was thinking about it.

Once inside my place I head to my bedroom and unpack then I grab my phone and text someone on the team.

Me: Hey can you come over?

Me: I need to talk to someone.

Kim🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿: Of course.

Kim🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿: I'll be over in 20.

After I've texted Kim I take a quick shower, change into more comfortable clothing, then wait for my Scottish friend.

"Hey Kim." I say when I open the door after she's knocked.

"Hey Audrey." Kim says as she walks into my home.

Once Kim is inside my Penthouse I shut then door then we head to the living room and sit down

"So what's going on Audrey?" Kim asks.

"I have feelings for Daniëlle." I admit.

"Well that's great since she has feelings for you." Kim says then she tilts her head.

"Yeah." I mumble.

"What's the problem Audrey?"

"She's six years older than me."

"Have you met your Mom?" Kim rhetorically asks. "She's 7 years older then Kelley."

"What If she doesn't like the fact I have a..."

"Sweetie she know's about that." Kim says. "Nobody on the team cares that you're born the way you are. We love you and we will fight anyone who hates on you."

Kim calms my nerves for the next hour and she gives me a pep talk.

"So what are you gonna do about your feelings?" Kim asks.

"I gotta find Daan." I say.

"That's my girl." Kim says. "Now go get cleaned up then go get your girl."

"Ay ay Captain." I say.

"Watch it Audrey." Kim playfully says.

I show Kim out of the house then I head to the shower and wash myself. After my shower I dry off, put my necklaces on then put my earrings and nose ring in before I put my clothes on. Once I'm dressed I grab my phone, wallet, and car keys then I head down to my car. When I get to my car I get in then I drive 15 minutes over to Daan's apartment.

Once at Daan's apartment I park on the street then head up to her apartment.

When I get to Daan's apartment I stand outside the door for a minute then I knock on the door and wait

"Hey Audi." Daan says and smiles at me once she opens the door.

"Daniëlle will you go on a date with me?" I blurt out.

Probably should have said anything other than that first.

"Like right now?"

"Whenever." I say. "We can go for dinner to the Thai place down the street right now or I can..."

"Audrey breathe." Daan says as I start to ramble

I do as told and take a deep breath.

"Good." Daan says and smiles. "Now let me get my things then we can go to the Thai place."

"Okay." I say with a smile.

Daan motions me into her apartment so I step in then follow the Dutchwoman to the living room.

"I'll be right back." Daan says and I nod then my date disappears towards her bedroom.

A minute later Daan appears from her bedroom.

"Ready?" Daan asks.

I nod then Daan and I leave her apartment, head down to the lobby, leave the apartment building, and head down the street to the local Thai food place.

When we get to the Thai place we get a table then we order our food and drinks.

"How did you know I liked you?" Daan asks.

"I overheard you talking to the girls about you liking me before I left for SheBelieves."

"Oh." Daan says and blushes then she clears her throat. "I saw you guys won SheBelieves."

"Yeah." I say and shrug. "I'm still kinda annoyed I was a sub for all three games."

"Why didn't you start?" Daan questions.

"Honestly my mind was occupied thinking about you." I admit.

"What do you mean?"

"I couldn't get you admitting you liked me out of my head."

"Oh...okay this is a bit off topic, but Audrey why don't you shower at the same time as us?" Daan asks.

"I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable with seeing me naked."

"Oh." My date says as our food and drinks arrive.

Once our food is placed in front of us Daan and I continue talking while eating our food.

"Can I ask you something?" Daan questions and I nod. "What's your Mom like?"

"She's the strongest person I know." I say. "She had me when she was sixteen and she was the best Mom in the world all while being the greatest keeper ever. She always made sure I knew I was special and loved. To be honest I wouldn't be as confident in myself if my Mom didn't help me with my self esteem."

"Did she ever use her scary face on you?" Daan asks.

"You mean the bitch face?" I question and Daan nods. "She tried, but I always just kissed her nose and she's stop and smile."

"I wish I could've played against her."

"Well that's 70 percent my Mom's fault and 30 percent US Soccer and Jill Ellis' fault." I say.

"Was your old coach not liked by the players?" Daan asks.

"Not really." I say. "She lost a few of the players after the incident with my Mom and her not fighting hard enough to limit the suspension. Jill also lost a lot of players with her treatment of Ali Krieger then she lost most everybody after the 2017 Tournament of Nations and after all of her absurd tactics."

"Didn't someone send a letter to the US Soccer president about her?"

"Yeah." I say. "I was in college at the time so I have general idea who it was, but I don't know for sure who it was...but enough about my dislike for Jill, how was your camp with the Dutch?"

Daan and I continue to talk about more lighthearted stuff while eating our Thai food.

After we finish eating we continue to talk while continuing to drink our drinks.

Well...Daan continue's talking.

I, on the other hand, can't help but stare at the beautiful woman sitting across from me.

"Take a picture." Daan says after she catches me staring. "They last longer."

I shrug then grab my phone and take a picture of my gorgeous date.

"Dork." Daan says with a smile.

"Sorry." I say as I lock my phone. "Your beauty is captivating."

"Audrey." Daan mumbles as she blushes.

"It's true." I say then Daan clears her throat.

"Anyways." Daan says. "When do you wanna go on date 2?"

"We're going on another date?" I question with a huge smile.

"Mhmm." Daan says and smiles. "Hopefully we'll be going on more than just two dates."

FUCK YES.