88

Audrey's POV

"Hello Audrey." JP Dellacamera says as Balto and I walk into a conference room

"Hey JP." I say then I shake his and Aly Wagner's hand.

Tonight is the night before the first game of the World Cup which is our game against Australia. Before we are released to have dinner on our own, some of us are doing media stuff with different broadcasters and I'm doing an interview with Fox Sports

"How are you?" Aly asks.

"Ready for tomorrow." I say as Balto sits at my feet.

"You know I don't think we've ever been this close to Balto." JP says.

"Really?" I question. "I guess I never have done one of these before."

"That is kinda weird." Aly says then I look down at Balto.

"Secouer Balto." I say then my dog smiles up at the Fox commentators and raises his paw.

"Well hello to you too." Aly says as she shakes Balto's paw then JP Shakes Balto's paw.

"Was that French?" JP asks as everyone sits down.

"Yeah." I say. "Apparently he only knows French commands."

"Huh." JP says. "That's a kinda odd.

"A bit." I say.

"You ready to get started?" JP asks and I nod.

"What is your goal for this World Cup?" Aly Wagner asks. "Besides winning."

"I want to put my self in as best position as possible to one-day be the all time top goal scorer in the World Cup."

"Does that mean you want to also beat Christine Sinclair's record."

"Yes." I say. "I want at least 195 goals in international play."

"Has your approach to life on the national team on and off the field changed since you became one of the captains?" JP asks.

"No." I say. "I'm always going to be who I am and an armband won't change that."

"I don't know if you know how many goals you've scored for the national team..."Aly says, but I cut her off.

"80." I say.

"Do you know how many goals you scored in each game?" JP Asks.

"3, 0, 2, 4, 3, 1..." I say then I continue to list however many goals I scored in each of my 70 caps.

"Wow." Aly says as she looks at a paper. "That's exactly correct."

"Do you remember every goal?" JP asks. "Like the build up to each goal?"

"Yes." I say.

"So if I were to ask you to explain your first goal against Canada in the Olympics you could?"

"Canada had a goal kick, but the ball went to Crystal. Crystal ran with the ball up field while I drifted into space. Crystal saw my run so she crossed the ball into the space then I ran towards the area it was going to drop. The ball fell a little bit in front of me so I dove for it and got my head onto the ball. Labbé came off her line to grab the ball, but she misjudged it so my header lobbed her and pulled us within 2 goals of Canada."

"Wow...Does it shock you that you have that 80 goals in only 70 caps?"

"No." I say. "After my 70th game in college I had scored 115 goals. I've just been lucky to be on the end of some amazing passes from my teammates and I'm lucky I haven't missed too many games with injuries...to be honest I could probably have more if I didn't go through that dry spell of games without a goal."